I need translatate JT to CGR, for our design department. JT is exported from Process Simulate. I am not satisfied with the current converting possibilities.
I know about two ways how to convert JT to CGR.
1. Requires Robcad: use TxJT2Co and TxCo2Catia, BUT I do not have Robcad anymore.
2. Siemens JT Translator: convert directly from JT to CGR, BUT: CGR file has very poor quality, much worse then TxCo2Catia and translate each entity in JT file, so I have thousands of CGR files with poor quality from ONE JT monolithic file.
What I am looking for:
- direct conversion from 1 JT monolithic file to 1 CGR file with decent quality
- is it possible configure JT translator in this way (entity collased to part and improved visual quality)? (I believe, that is not possile, because config file offers only limited options)
- is it possibe use TxCo2Catia standalone without Robcad?
- or is it possible export JT from Process Simulate without entity level (I mean collapsed to one entity)?
- or any other possibility? please enlight me
Thank you all.
Maybe you can try a 3rd party translator from DATAKIT.
its product called ' crossmanager' which can eat most popular CAD format. and translate to most other popular format. your expected JT to CGR is one item in its family. Quite good quality. its website www.datakit.com.
JT file is without BREP, so JT translator automaticaly makes CGR
besides, this workflow should be usable for several users and not all of them have CATIA
Is Siemens JT Translator is same as JtToCatiaV5 translator?
If this is different where can I find its documentation? I also want to implement JT to CGR.
A monolithic JT is actually just a standard-JT with all files wrapped in a single container-file.
As you can still see and unwrap the internal structure.
Therefor the translator creates a full assembly: many .cgr's and a .catproduct (containing the transformations).
The only way, that I know, to solve this, is using TC-Visualization MockUp (if you have access to it).
It allows to build a really new, single part.
You can either use the GUI in Vis, like image shows, or you can use it in a script (only when Vis-MockUp is installed):
JtOptimize.exe -v super shape newpart on <infile> <outfile>
Translating the outfile will result in a single .cgr
As far I know. There are two possible basic ways.
1. Siemens JT Bi-Directional Translator for Catia
- great for translating from catia to JT
- dont know why, but CGR created with this software has very poor quality, I dont find any config option able to improve final CGR quality.
- if you have monolithic JT with many Entities, you have to use VisMockup as GuidoDamm shows or use "Inser JT" interface in CATIA V5, its VBA project delivered with this sw, but I got several errors in Catia when tried and quality issue remain.
2. Use Tecnomatix translators delivered with PD and PS. This is my current workflow.
- use VisMockup as GuidoDamm shows. Siplify jt structure as much as possible. It has great impact on translator performance and time of tranlation. Personaly trying stay at 20 entities as max. for each entity using surounding sphere and high quality with triangle mashes.
- use TxJt2Co -file
- for *.co file use TxCo2Catia -file
- you get good quality CGR file with entities
- I recommend make a script so this workflow is easy to use even for many files.
Path to documentation for Tecnomatix translators is "install_folder\Tecnomatix\CADTranslators\Manuals",
for Siemens JT Bi-Directional translator: "C:\Program Files\Siemens\JTTranslators\CATIAV5\your_version\help"
Here is my setting for VisMockup. JT which I am using usualy doesnt has B-Rep.
btw: what exactly means "poor CGR quality"?
Is the JT-Translator changing the tesselation? I mean...it has no brep to create a new tesselation.
Or is it a bug, causing that only the worst LOD is translated?
Sry, but I can't check the CGR output, as I don't have Catia...
I would like to show you, but dont have licence for CGR in JT Bi-Di anymore.
I tested input JT with lets say cca 20 entities. Some entities was translated not so bad, but most of them has wery poor graphics quality. Like worst LOD settings.
Best graphics quality has smallest part like 20x20cm.
Most worst quality has largest part like 200x200cm.
Input JT files were translated from Catia. I attach my config file. And used standard jttocatia.config for CGR creation.