Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a super component

Creator
Creator

Hello everyone, 

I am having trouble with a robot super component. I need to do some modelling on the robot, which is locked.

(Error Message: the selected object is not valid for modeling). In reference to another forum post , I came to the conclusion that the issue might be with the Library Root. 

I have copied the *.co folder in screenshot 1 to another location and tried to upgrade them there using the UpgradeToWin executable (tried both CMDLines and GUI).

In my attached error message it is looking for the prototype  to be in @KUKA_STD_VKRC4/fupa_fsr_r3100.co. To which location is the @ pointing to? I don't know where I need to copy the fupa.co component.

Thank you!

1 REPLY

Re: Converting a super component

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
The "@" means append library root here; so, if Library Root is D:\ sysroot, you have D:\sysroot\KUKA_STD_VKRC4\...

Here is a process that will work for the KUKA robots that are supercomponents (must have the fupa subcomponent available).

Once the correct fupa is placed in the sysroot in the correct folder location, using the UpgradeToVersion will work (must set all options correctly).

Here is the process. Set the robot .co folder in library root (under <library root>ROBOTS_KUKA), and the fupa folder (KUKA_STD_VKRC4), at same level as ROBOTS_KUKA folder.

Run the Upgrade CO to Version command from Start/All Programs/Tecnomatix/Administration Tools

Add the robot only.

Select CO, not COJT conversion.

Check Library Root checkbox, and browse to library root folder (one above KUKA_STD_VKRC4).

Convert.

Now, the trick...

Inside the .co of the robot is a jt file with kinematics, and the subcomponent included.

In Process Simulate, use Import CAD Files command on this jt file, and it will create the cojt for you under the sysroot as a robot, with the kinematic fupa integrated.

This cojt cannot be modeled.