Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Energy Monitoring in Tecnomatix PS 12.1.3 with RCS Module

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I'm trying to monitor the power consumption of Robots in Process Simulate using a RCS Module by Kuka.

The Module itself is working, the issue I have concerns the power consumption monitor in the Robot Viewer.

I'm using a Kuka KR500_2 Robot with a krc8.3_r14 RCS Module. When I simulate a movement it says "unsupported service for current rcs version".

When asking Kuka they told me to configure the machinedata in WorkVisual. I did so but nothing changed.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks so far,

Felix

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author FS_ZeMA
‎05-25-2016 07:18 AM

Re: Energy Monitoring in Tecnomatix PS 12.1.3 with RCS Module

problem solved it simply did not work with the robot is used.

Hi FS_ZeMA

Thanks for posting the answer !

Please be aware that Kuka RCS Energy has another issue: the Machine Data itself does not include the information of whether or not it includes Energy, so PS can't tell whether it does or does not. This means that if you try to monitor a robot who's MADA does not include Energy, you might still see some values in the Robot Viewer which will be misleading (usually it's easy to tell since the values shown will be very wrong and the chart will be very jittery). 

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Thanks for the reply,

could you try to solve my second problem i postet last week? I have some graphs in the robot viewer but they are wrong.

Regards,

Felix