Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Extract point-to-point movement calculation data from PS

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's possible to extract data on how the software calculates the movement of a robot from location A to location B? With "calculation data" I'm not referring to the properties of the "Path Editor", joint limits or absolute joint positions but the actual formula/algorithm needed to execute the movement.

The reason for my question is that I would like to see if it's possible to extract this data and compare it to the movement data of the real robot. By doing that I'm hoping it's possible to reverse the procedure and retrieve data from the real robot and use it in the virtual robot.

I should mention that we build our own linear robots so there are no available controllers we can use in PS.

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author AndyV
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Extract point-to-point movement calculation data from PS

You can tune the internal motion algorithm with parameters in the robot.cojt/motionparameters.e file.

See motionparameters-e.pdf from eMpower\Help\Additional Reference Material.

Re: Extract point-to-point movement calculation data from PS

Since we build our own linear robots there's no "motionparameters.e" in the .cojt folder by default, but from reading the PDF I understand it's possible to create a new file. I will forward this information to our robot programmers and take it from there.

Thank you for your help!