Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc RCS Temp Robots

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello all,

where exactly are the temp robots that I created via the "Virtual Robot Setup Wizard" stored? I want to delete one of them, since I accidentally created two robot-personalities with the same name. I only know how to teminate or delete their instances.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES

Re: Fanuc RCS Temp Robots

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

If you haven´t changed the output of the wizard, by default it should be under "C:\ProgramData\FANUC\FRVRC Media\Vn.nn".

Best regards

Patrick

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Yes thanks, I found the folders of the single Temp Robots in "...FRVRC Media\Vn.nn\config" and a "...FRVRC Media\Vn.nn\mpl.dat" file that lists all of them. But now my problem is that as soon as I delete one of the folders and the respective line in the mpl.dat-file, I can't use any of the Temp Robots anymore. Is there a clean way to delete Temp Robots?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi, 

I think the reference is in the following file:

…\rcsfr13\robcad.bin\VERSION\<RCS Version>\standard.cfg

BR

Patrick

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, from what I found out the file "…\rcsfr13\robcad.bin\VERSION\<RCS Version>\standard.cfg" is what Process Simulate uses to give you a list of manipulator types from which you can choose one in the Robot Properties. It is not needed, since you can also type it manually, but helpful. 

Since I accidentally created two Temp Robots with the same name and the program got confused over which one to take it didn't help me to just delete the reference. In the file "C:\ProgramData\FANUC\FRVRC Media\Vn.nn\mpl.dat" I was able to actually not delete a Temp Robot but to rename it, so my problem is pretty much solved. There's still an unneeded Temp Robot on my RCS-Server but I guess that's not a big problem. It doesn't take a lot of memory.

Thanks for your help :-)