cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grippers don't hold the part

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello to everybody, I would to like ask a question about my problem in pedestal welding which is a welding application: a robot holds a part, make moves in a welding path to pedestal welding gun can make spot welds. 

Actually, my problem is: grippers don't hold parts. Below, there is the sequence what I do. Because of this problem, the robot cannot carry the part to the spot welding device. So I cannot do that operation.

1. create poses CLOSE pose for "pick", OPEN pose for "place"

2. mount gripper

3. Create PnP operation and set the values as: 
Robot, Gripper, Gripper Pick and Place Poses [Pick: CLOSE, Place: Close] Define the Pick and Place Points: [a frame that I created near the part] Use existing Path: n/a

4. then adding some getting closer moves on the path. 

it works, the robot is following its path that I defined but part is standing there. 

What's wrong here. 

Thanks 

Burpee.

7 REPLIES

Re: Grippers don't hold the part

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Burpee,

this sounds like you never got to the point where you actually defined the gripper as a gripper.

1. open your gripper for modelling

2. open "Tool Definition" and select type "Gripper"

3. define your "Gripping Entities" - these are checking on "Close", which parts are in contact with your gripper

4. do "End Modelling"

5. define your parts to be gripped in the "Gripped Objects List" of your gripper

Now the part should be gripped, when you close the gripper during simulation.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for your great reply.

I did not focus on that gripper tool definition exactly. But I chose a basic example from the study projects. gripper setting already here. But i checked them again. 

i think in Pick and Place Operation, the gripper does not jump the poses at the pick location and place location. i do not understand whats wrong. 

i posted 2 video below. 

pnp setup video checks: ~1 min
1. tool defitinion

2. gripped object list

3. close and open poses

4. distance between gripping entities
5. dimension of gripped object
(to check they are really touching each other)
6. PnP operation setups

pnp animation video checks:  ~1min
1. reach test to desired locations
2. some clearance moves to pick and place locations. 

Please check

Burpee.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey

I explored what the main problem is: 

my OLP command of gripping operations are not executed. 
Here is the problem defined ss: 

Thanks

İzzet. 

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello community, 

For the people who interested in the problem: 
I found some error messages: 

This is the OLP commands for pick operation @pick location

# Destination box_gripper
# Drive CLOSE
# Destination box_gripper
# WaitDevice CLOSE
# Grip tcp

Error messages: 

kawasaki_uz100[MOP]> Error at (kawasaki_uz100_PNP_Op) pick: Unrecognized default controller instruction: '# NotifyMovingToTargetEnded pick'
kawasaki_uz100[MOP]> Error at (kawasaki_uz100_PNP_Op) pick: Unrecognized default controller instruction: '# Destination box_gripper'
kawasaki_uz100[MOP]> Error at (kawasaki_uz100_PNP_Op) pick: Unrecognized default controller instruction: '# Drive CLOSE'
kawasaki_uz100[MOP]> Error at (kawasaki_uz100_PNP_Op) pick: Unrecognized default controller instruction: '# Destination box_gripper'
kawasaki_uz100[MOP]> Error at (kawasaki_uz100_PNP_Op) pick: Unrecognized default controller instruction: '# WaitDevice CLOSE'
kawasaki_uz100[MOP]> Error at (kawasaki_uz100_PNP_Op) pick: Unrecognized default controller instruction: '# Grip tcp'

I downloaded robot controllers and defined it (actually it does not matter). nothing works. 

I have the same problem in v12.1, v13.0, v13.1 and i downloaded the softwares from GTAC to 2 different PC. 

any idea?? what should i test or check ?? 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, 

I have the same problem. Gripper doesn't make the "pick" movement, although I chose the right poses (OPEN/CLOSE). Could you find a solution? 

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi

I would try re-creating the problematic instructions and checking again as a first steps.

Also - when you double click these unrecognized instructions in the OLP column or Teach Pendant - which dialog opens? The Free text editor or the correct OLP dialog?

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello Gal,

The issue was solved by a siemens crew. Thanks.