Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Gripping Problem

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

I have an annoying problem:

I have a turntable with four fixtures monted on it. My robot should grip two parts on fixture one and handle them to fixture two (90 degrees twisted). The complete part structure is looks like the example below.

The problem is - no matter what part the gripper grip, it catches allways the complete tree, not only the parts it touches. Gripper definition also below. Smiley Wink

Is this a problem with the tree structure of the CompoundParts or the definition of the gripper?

7 REPLIES

Re: Gripping Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,
PS automatically grips the top node of the assembly, this works designed.
1st solution: make your parts top nodes in the objects tree. That means:add the single parts to your study, not the whole assembly
2nd solution: switch to CEE and generate the single parts

Hello

Have you tried setting the "Set Gripped Object List" to grip just the part of the strcuture you want gripped?

You can grip a part under an assembly this way.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Hi Gal_Snir,

I´ve tried that, but with this setting the gripper grips nothing.

Hi thebang2,

I have question to Your case, when You switched back All Objects in Gripped Object List Your gripper still catch nothing or again everything?

Check ur gripping entities in Tool definition.

As I wrote earlier, I checked it few times and it's done the same as in another robot that it's working with.

Just in one cell with 4 robots it's not working. In another one it is.

[ Edited ]

Hi gargur

I believe the Set Gripped Object List should solve your problem. I've used it several times to grip a sub-assembly in my product structure successfuly.

Please take a look at the attached video (I hope it gets uploaded properly). 

If it still does not work and you've double-checked you gripping operation basics (like gripping entities and collision druing grip), I would approach GTAC with this issue and create an incident report through them.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir