Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How can I mirror resource and get the symmetrical resource in process simulate or process designer

I want to mirror one resource and get the symmetrical resource in process simulate.just like mirror object using Catia or other 3d Software.I think we can mirror object in Robcad,but only the old .co file.The new .co or .cojt (include .jt file) is not possible to open with Robcad.
7 REPLIES

Re: How can I mirror resource and get the symmetrical resource in process simulate or process design

There is a mirror command in Process Simulate, which also received and number of enhancements with the Version 11 release of Tecnomatix. Are you using this command in Process Simulate? Which version are you using? Also, is your goal to remain in Process Simulate or to take the mirrored component back to Robcad?
Mike Rouman
Manufacturing Engineering Software Marketing
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Siemens Digital Factory
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hulala
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: How can I mirror resource and get the symmetrical resource in process simulate or process design

[ Edited ]

Here is some additional information passed along from our expert, @gilchen 

There are two commands in Process Simulate that may help you:

1. Mirror Objects (Modeling menu) – supports geometric mirroring of objects to get the right hand side of a left hand original (or vice versa)
  2. Mirror Operation – supports mirroring a complete process (operations and layout of resources).  This command adds great value in many use cases, but is intended for non-geometric mirroring.

MR

Mike Rouman
Manufacturing Engineering Software Marketing
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Siemens Digital Factory

Thank you very much,but I am now using version 9.1.2,so I can not see the command "mirror" under the menu modeling.But I have tried the "mirror" command in Robotexpert,it is very good.That is what I want.if the company later update PS to version 11,I will try again.
Solution
Solution
Accepted by abhidastidar (Community Manager)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hello,

I know the problem is solved but maybe it is interesting.

Instead of the mirror function in PS you can use the command "jtmirror" in a DOS Shell.
Navigate into the folder of your resource and execute this command.

In this way it should be possilbe for users of PS 9.1.2 to mirror resources.

Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Thanks,i have ever tried the "jtmirror" command,But the mirrored object has not the Pose and kinematics any more as the original has.

Hi,

I have tested the "jtmirror" function again, and for me it works correct.

Poses and kinematics are similar in the original resource and in the mirrored resource.

Last time I have tried to mirror a X-welding gun(.co).First I upgraded .co to .cojt then mirrored the .jt file.But no pose no kinematic after mirror.Maybe something wrong during transformation.i will try it again.thank you for your response.