cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get JT file into a disconnected study?

Creator
Creator

Hi Everyone,

I want to create a workcell in disconnected study, can any one help me how to get tools and robots in to the study, How should be the general folder structure.

Please help me out.

7 REPLIES

Re: How can i get JT file into a disconnected study?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello KSR

To get a JT into PS disconnected do the following:

1. Create a folder named: "<JT filename>.cojt" (so a JT named "Robot" will be placed under a folder named "Robot.cojt")

2. Place the JT file under this folder.

3. Open PS and set your system root (Options->Disconnected) to a folder which includes the cojt folder.

4. Use the "Define Comonent Type" command and browse to the cojt folder.

5. Select a type from the list (for example: robot).

6. Create a new study.

7. Now use the Insert Component command and browse again to the cojt. You can also drag and drop the cojt into the graphic window of PS.

Please note: GTAC has an extensive list of robots from different vendors already modeled and ready to be used. If you still decide to model the kinematics of a robot yourself (which I advise against) take care that you define it exactly as the vendor specifics. 

Robot Models appear in GTAC under Downloads -> Tecnomatix -> Add-ons -> Robot Models if I remember correctly. 

Regarding folder strucutre: that's up to you to decide, but it is very imortant to kee everything neat so you do not get confused. Once you use components set in your system root within a study, you can no longer move them around.

The system root in PS has a standard look with some built in folders which PS creates like "general" or "robotmachinedatafiles".

In parallel with these you can create a "resources" folder and a "parts" folder, and then under each create sub-folders for nesting differnt types like robots and guns under resources for example.

Something like this: 

SystemRootFolder

Parts

Resources

Robots

Guns

Guarding

RobotMachineDataFiles

General

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Creator
Creator

Thanks Gal Snir.

Creator
Creator

Hi Gal

How to do sept 4? where is the 'Define Component Type" command? I just can't find the command in PS.

4. Use the "Define Comonent Type" command and browse to the cojt folder.

Interest is the best teacher - Go Further

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi ZhangYuanci

Which PS are you using (which platform\version)? Is it with Ribbons or the old toolbars UI?

Alternatively, if you're using a relatively updated version you can use the "Search" command to find any command you cannot locate in the ribbon.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Creator
Creator
Process Simulate 12.1, it's Process Simulate Standalone

Creator
Creator

After Opening PS session Right click and go to customization Option search for "Define Component Type" Select and drag and drop on your  top menu.

Creator
Creator

Thanks! KSR, Find it as you said.