Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to define a 3D model of scara robot to function in simulation in Process simulate

Creator
Creator

Hello All,

I have a 3D model of scara robot (.jt file), also,I have defined it as robot during export and I have built the kinematics.

The query is, How to make it function as robot for the simulation.

Regards,

sriram123

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to define a 3D model of scara robot to function in simulation in Process simulate

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @sriram123,

After assign frame reference such as base frame and tool center frame in the kinematics editior. The robot properties are enabled. Now you can jog the robot using  robot --> reach -->robot jog option.

Re: How to define a 3D model of scara robot to function in simulation in Process simulate

Creator
Creator

Its working.

Thank you @Gautham !!!

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I'm not sure if it's the right topic here, but maybe someone can help me.

I want to add kinematics to the model of my robot (UR10), but how can I import the CAD files in PS in the way, that the components of my robot (base, arms, etc.) are subitems of the "Robot"? I just can link components if they are subitems of a "robot" and are single parts/ressources, is that correct?

Here some screenshots that might help to understand want i need. 

On the screenshot you see the UR robot with it's object tree and also a short "experiment" by myself with just two blocks with kinematics. For my UR robot i need the same object tree structure as for the example with the two blocks, right? 

Thanks a lot and hopefully someone can help me.

Best regards

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @PMrkos 

If you want to import robot file into PS you must select  Base class as "resource" and prototype class  as "Robot". 

Regerds,

Gautham

Creator
Creator

Hello @Gautham,

thank you for your fast response.

I tried that already, but then the structure looks like this. (attached file)

(the "Robot" are still the two blocks from the previous screenshot. The UR robot are all the stuff under "UR_gesamt")

Do I have to set a special type of study or could it be that my CAD data is the wrong type or something like that?

Might it help you if I send you my CAD files of the robot?

Thank you and best regards.

PMrkos

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @PMrkos,

While importing CAD file in PS, make sure that "create a monolithic JT file" should be unchecked.