Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to desigin Robot Viewer/Power Consumption for OLP of tecnomatix

Creator
Creator

Hi:

Recently, I want to add a  Power Consumption panel gathers energy data from the robot controller and displays a graph of robot power consumption.The panel is available for robots.

The Statistics area on the right of the graph should displays the following:

• Overall energy - The total energy consumption (in Joules) of the robot during simulation. This is the sum of all the RCS updates until the simulation ends (or pauses).

• Peak power - The peak power consumption (in kilowatts) as sampled during the simulation. The system also notes the time at which the peak energy consumption occurred.

Power Consumption.png

But, I didn't find any interface function from TxEuDefaultLib.dll or TxEuOlpUtil.dll.

Can anybody give me some tips?

thx!

7 REPLIES

Re: How to desigin Robot Viewer/Power Consumption for OLP of tecnomatix

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is already such a standard graph in Process Simulate / Robot Viewer. What do you want to add there?

I do not think there is currently any API to get this information...

Creator
Creator

Dear Expert:

Thank for your reply!

Currently , the graph of my robot as below:

Power2.png

Just a straight line.

I wondered how the curve is formed like KUKA's robot.

I guess it may be related to machine data or RCS of robot . 

Am I right? 

Could you kindly tell me how does the Power Consumption data gathered by OLP and show in the graph?

Thx again for your reply!

Siemens Phenom

As you guessed, it is related to RCS and machine data. Only KUKA RCS in version 8.3 supports those additional RCS services to retrieve energy consumption, and only for specific machine data for which energy consumption was enabled. Standard machine data do not support energy simulation, you need to create specific machine data with Kuka Work.Visual.

Creator
Creator

GillesVelay wrote:

As you guessed, it is related to RCS and machine data. Only KUKA RCS in version 8.3 supports those additional RCS services to retrieve energy consumption, and only for specific machine data for which energy consumption was enabled. Standard machine data do not support energy simulation, you need to create specific machine data with Kuka Work.Visual.

Dear Expert:

Thank you  for your reply!
    Actually, I want to know the interface of OLP for drawing the graph of power consumption.

And also I want to know how RCS transfer the data needed  to OLP module.Should I define one customzed RRS service to realize this function.

Thanks again for your reply.

Siemens Phenom

There are indeed additional RRS services to communicate energy information between Process Simulate and the RCS modules.

Those calls are implemented deep in the software, there is no API in Process Simulate to customize this mechanism as far as I know.

If you are a robot vendor and are writing a RCS module, we can communicate the specifications of those additional RRS services. In this case, please officially contact some representative at Siemens.

Creator
Creator

GillesVelay wrote:

There are indeed additional RRS services to communicate energy information between Process Simulate and the RCS modules.

Those calls are implemented deep in the software, there is no API in Process Simulate to customize this mechanism as far as I know.

If you are a robot vendor and are writing a RCS module, we can communicate the specifications of those additional RRS services. In this case, please officially contact some representative at Siemens.

Dear Expert:

Actually, I am also a Siemens employee. And one of my colleagues have attended your training.

Could you kindly tell me the officially contact way?

We got a lot of help from you. Thank you again!

We lack of the development document of OLP of Tecnomatix so much. How can we get development document of OLP of Tecnomatix? Any wiki we can find?

Thank you for your reply!

Siemens Phenom

Just send me an email, from a Siemens address, and I will forward you the RRS Energy specification documents.

You can get all the training material from your colleague who attended my training. There is nothing more.