Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle material flow and part appearance in CEE

Creator
Creator

Im doing a university project using tecnomatix PLM. It is arc welding robot cell. First I create cell in standard mode and simulate it base on time sequence . Next step is do event base simulation. I don’t have knowledge on part appearance, material flow handballing. Anyway my problems have describe bellow.

My problem is I can’t open the process simulate file with operations hierarchy in line simulate mode. (for develop CEE )

Error message1.jpg

As screen shot shows its gives study contains one or more operations which are not descendants of station. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83QDzAIwMII&feature=youtu.be ) captured video. Error message in 1.0 min

Error message1

• Correct the operation hierarchy and try again.// I don’t know how to correct hierarchy.

So I delete all the operation and try to open files in line simulation mode. I could open the file in line simulation mode. When I again develop the process (jig operation and weld operation [ but weld part s disappear so I could not give weld location for weld operation]) It not allow to save the file and following error message gave.

Error message2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T933w5AxC44&feature=youtu.be) pls watch 3.09min for error.

error 2.jpg

As screen shot shows its gives study contains one or more operations which are not descendants of station.

After that I create material floor operation. But I don’t know how I can update resources part as screen shot show.

questions

1. My first question is how can I correct the operation hierarchy as error message show to me in standard mode. If so I should be able to open the file in line simulation mode with jig operation and robot weld operations.
  2. How can I update material flow and part appearance for weld operation?. (When weld operation begin part should be appear. But I don’t know how to handle part appearance. )
  3. How can I change the layout to advance simulation layout in line simulation mode.?

33 REPLIES

Re: How to handle material flow and part appearance in CEE

Genius
Genius

1. You need to create a StationProcess in the navigation tree and put that in the study before you load it. When you create you Operations in process simulate they should be INSIDE this StaionProcess. The error message is because you station has no Process node.

2. An appearance will occur if an opeeation is triggered that consumes products. For example a weldop that contains weldspot Mfg:s that are connected to product parts. A test you can perform is to create a nonsim op with the time 10s and in the operation properties/products select a few product parts. Then add this operation to the material flow viewer. When the nonsim is triggered in linesim mode these parts should appear.

3. The layout should be possible to change from the layout manager.

Br Andreas

Creator
Creator

Thank you so much Ajonss for your answer. I really apreceate if you can you guide me how to create a StationProcess in the navigation tree, by screan shot steps. I have attached my navigation tree screan shot.

Genius
Genius

Hello,

I attached a picture with the needed info.

BR

Andreas

Creator
Creator

Dear Friend. Im new to event base sim. This work cell is work fine in stand mode under time base simulation. I did not create the Station node. So according to your guide line I create station node and drag inside to the robcad study folder as video shows. Should I re create the operations. OR can I copy my created operations inside to the station node. As video show I cant copy my old operations inside to the station. Pls guide me how to create Station node. Bengamin how can I create Twin Object if needed.

attached vedio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUeD5eyIRI&feature=youtu.be

Genius
Genius

Haha no problem. The mistake you did was to create a BLUE Station - that node can olny hold resources and not operations.

You need to create a PINK process, create a PRProcess (that is a twin object).

/Andreas

Creator
Creator
Andreas; Thanks for your infor. But I cant see your I attached a picture with the needed info. Can you kindly re post it. Regads.

Creator
Creator

Andreas. Really sorry I got your picture. Eariyer it was error by my browser. Ill follow the guideline thanks.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello Ushan,

Regarding the first question switch to line simulation, what version of Process Simulate are you using? 

Regards,

Creator
Creator

Andreas, bro I try your guide line and still could notcreat node. Please see the attachement kindly  that I discribe my problem in datail with captured screen shots. Thanks Smiley Happy