Re: How to handle material flow and part appearance in CEE

Creator
Creator

Christian its 10 with 64 bit

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello Ushan.

I am not sure what type are your Jig operations (Device Operations?), but in addition to creating the PrStationProcess (which you did) you need to check that your Admin Console is set to work with a Station as the top node in Line Simulation mode.

Try this:

Open Admin Console

Go to: Business Modeler -> Line Simulation (login with user)

What do you see set up there as your "Station Operation Class" ? It should be "PrStationProcess". If it isn't, change it if you can and hit "Apply".

Then reload Process Simulate and try again.

p.s. Previsouly you were asked about version because starting version 11.1 TR3 you can load a study in Line Simulation mode using only a Compound Operation and not a StationProcess.

p.p.s Your document states that you dragged the Compound Operation under the PrStationProcess, but the first image of the second page shows the Weld and Jig operations directly under the Station itself and not compound. It should not matter, but it's a little hard to understand. Perhaps if this does not work for you, you can upload an image of the Operation Tree after loading the study ?

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Hi Ushan, had solution for your Material flow problem & creation of appearance in Linesimulation mode and am sharing the thought about the same here.

Have attached pdf of detailed procedure as below,

Screenshots between 1 - 6 refer to creating appearances for Parts in linesimulation mode

Screenshot 7 referes to change the layout manager settings

Screenshots 8 - 1- refer to creating Material flow for operations

Have not written much of text in the snapshots but think they are self explanatory and have added numbers where ever there are multipple steps.

Please let me know if you have any doubts after going through the snapshots.

Creator
Creator

Hello! I did the query for the part appearence but the parts never appear.

I really dont know what is wrong but when i play the simulation it run's without the part.

when i press part appear the part will appear, but not when i play the sequence..

Please helpSmiley Happy

Fred

Siemens Legend

Hello Fred

Can you please show an image of your Material Flow Viewer and what's defined there?

I would also suggest going over the relevant documentation if possible. 

In essence: Your material flow decides which part appearances are created and when.

Any operation which starts to run and has part assigned to it will automatically create the part's appearance when it starts to run, and destroy it when it is ended, unless your material flow specifies another operation to "hand" it to (meaning another operation connected with a flow to the first one). 

Some parts are automatically assigned. For example, for a weld operation, the parts on which you projected your weld points is automatically assigned to the weld operation, so when it runs, the part appearance will be created.

Other parts you can manually assign, as shown in the PDF of the previous posts (non-sim operations with assigned products). 

Standard material Flow will look like this (but of course you can change it to anything which suits your needs):

Non-sim operation with your assigned product (used to create the inital appearance)

Any process operations which process the part 

Non-sim operation to hand the part appearance to after processing (you can control when this non-sim ends which will destroy your appearance). 

You can try to use the "Create Default Material Flow" command in the Material Flow and it can assist in creating the Material Flow according to your defined operation transitions. 

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Creator
Creator

Hey Gal_Snir

I understand how it works.

Example; I have a pick and place operation from a fixture.

-> I click right mouse on the operation and choose for "Generate Appearance", the part wil appeare correctly

-> I play this operation in the sequence editor and the operation start without the Appearance.

I also did it with the non-sim operation but no part appeare Smiley Happy 

Attached the partflow and operation properties

Thanks for the help!

Siemens Legend

Hi Fred

I see. Indeed your material flow seems ok, but you need to play the top node in your operation tree -> LineOperation.

That's how LS mode works. Playing anything else means you are running standard (not cyclic) simulation (even if you are running from the sequence editor).

This means you have to take care of transitions and transition conditions so operations will run when you want them to. For example in your case everything besides the first pick and place should not run at first, and the weld and second PNP operations need to be triggered once the operation before them ends).

When you play the LineOperation, you do not need to Generate the appearance before simulation. When "pick_t_rgr_02010r1_01" will start, it will create the appearance, then hand it down to "pnz_t_pnz01" and then to "drop_t_rgr_02010r1_01". Once the last one ends, the appearance will be automatically destroyed. 

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Creator
Creator
Hi!

It is working like you say.
Thanks for the help!

Kind regards

Creator
Creator

Hey! 

How do i create these transitions and coditions. i created I/O for the robot and devices(clamps..) and connected them to a logic block but when i run the simulation nothing is working like i want toSmiley Happy

for example: When the robot is in the drop position i want to send a signal (RobInPos) to the clamp that they have to close, when they are closed the clamps send a signal(ClampingReady) to the robot that he can move on...

I am running in CEE mode 

Thanks for the helpSmiley Happy

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

you have several ways to control your clamp.

Two of them are:

1. Operations (usually only for CEE mode)

Add add the "transition" column to sequence editor.

DBLCLK the transition-cell of your operation.

Add your signal as flank, e.g. RE(RobInPos)

2. Logic Block

Add logic to your clamp and open the LB-editor.

Add a boolean entry and a "move to pose" action with a flipflop, e.g. SR(entry_RobInPos, jvs_ClampingReady)

For "jvs_ClampingReady" add a "Joint Value Sensor" on "Parameters"-tab, that detects the pose.

Connect your RobInPos-signal to the entry_RobInPos.