Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert robot in .Step format for simulation in process simulate 14

Hello everyone,

The fanuc sent to me .step file Robot R-2000iC165F but I'm not achieved later add it in the simulation.

Can someone please explain to me what I need to do to add robot in the simulation.

Thanks a lot for the help

6 REPLIES 6

Betreff: How to insert robot in .Step format for simulation in process simulate 14

Legend
Legend

Look here!

[Edit] No, it was the wrong link. But in this forum there are several topics to this issue.

You have to convert the .stp file to a .jt file.

Betreff: How to insert robot in .Step format for simulation in process simulate 14

Hello Friend
I did the conversion but the robot is an object. the robot does not move. I do not know what to do to solve this problem. I do not know if I did the wrong conversion.

Legend
Legend

Well as far as I know a .stp file does not contain kinematik informations.

You have to add the kinematics manually in your case.

Or you try to get the the robot model with kinematics information. One source could be the GTAC server. Another one could be Fanuc robotics

now I get it
thank you very much
I would like to take another question to add the kinematics manually is very complicated?

Re: How to insert robot in .Step format for simulation in process simulate 14

Creator
Creator

I suggest you ask the customer or Fanuc to provide original .jt file with kinematics. I don't suggest you make the kinematics by yourself because it has a lot of parameter and if you do it wrongly it will cause huge problem.

Re: How to insert robot in .Step format for simulation in process simulate 14

I understood
Thanks so much for the help