cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a copy of my project in “Process Simulate”

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am new to the “Process Simulate”.
I have problems in saving and loading my projects. I tried "save" and also "pack and go export" but when I import the files I exported, there are just some libraries. I know it might seem elementary but every time something goes wrong I have to start from scratch and it is very inefficient for me. I realy need to know how to create a copy from my project. Also is there any way to begin your work on one computer and transfer the files to another computer and continue your work?
I hope it is a right place to ask these questions.
Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES

Re: How to make a copy of my project in “Process Simulate”

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

that's very little information.

But it seems you are working on PS-standalone?

Did you set your library correctly (F6>Disconnected>System Root) and when using CAD-importers, do you point to a target-folder located under the library-folder?

When using "save"/"save as" PS saves a .psz, which references the components in the library.

If you want to save data, to give it to someone, you can simply save a .pszx, which zips together the .psz and all used library elements.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I am not working neither on PS-standalone nor PS-Disconnected.

I have set the library and I use the target-folder located under the library-folder.

Could you please tell me how to open or import the saved .pszx file? Because when I open the PS I only can select the project that I created before, similar to the below picture but how can I add the saved .pszx or  .psz file as a new project in the "Open Project" field?
Untitled.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

I thought it is a basic question but I guess I was wrong or maybe I couldn’t explain the problem clearly.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi!

From a screenshot I conclude that you use Process Simulate on top of eMServer. In this case "project" is not just a set of files, but information in Oracle database as well. Why do you need to duplicate a project? I don't think it's possible.

Project may contain several "studies". Actually you can load only study to Process Simulate, not "project". If you use Process Simulate Standalone, you can Save-As your study under a differnet name.

Standalone/disconnected editions of Process Simulate can work without database, using files only. So if you Save-As your study as "Study (psz) + Library components (zip)", you will be able to open it disconnected from database.

Regards, Vladimir.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks a lot for your answer. 

I need to duplicate it first to have a backup and second I need to move my files to another computer.

Does the Standalone/disconnected editions have any limitation compare to using server?

Regards
Ali

Siemens Legend

Hi!

Basic functionality is the same in Standalone and eMS-based.

There are some specific issues, though. For example, you need to use eMS to make data model customization.

Regards, Vladimir.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks a lot. You really saved my life!
Just as the last question. Could you please explain what are the functions of "‘Pack and Go Import" and ‘Pack and Go export’ options?

Siemens Legend

Personally never had a chance to use it. But from I know, the main goal of this tool is to provide an easy way of collaboration between different sites/companies which work on the same data. You can export a bundle of data and give it to external engineering company, then get a result of their work, compare what was changed and import data back to your database.

Or it's possible to use this tool for backup, to store data outside of your database.

Regards, Vladimir.