Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to relocate Imported weldpoints in PS

Hii,,

How to relocate Imported weldpoints in PS.

Actually, we succesfully imported some weldpoints in PS, but when we are trying for relocating that weldpoints according to our component. they are not relocate from their default position.

we also tried by placement, but they are not placing.

6 REPLIES

Re: How to relocate Imported weldpoints in PS

Hi,

I think after loading the Mfgs to PS they are located in world zero location.

As long as the weldpoints are not projects to a part, they cannot be replaced.

Relocate your part also to this zero location and use "Project Weldpoints".

Afterwards, the Mfg are assigned to the part and for each Mfg you have a weld location.

Now you can replace to part to any different location and the Mfgs and weld locations will follow.

Best regards

Hii,

Thanks for your rply.

I agree to your points that, after loading the Mfgs to PS they are located in world zero location.

but as per your suggesation, how we can relocate our part to exact zero location. because if we are

not able to relocate part to exact zero location, then the weldpoints may not be place at exact location.

So is there any best way to relocate our part at exact zero location.

Hi,

to relocate the part, it is important that the part was design with the correct self origin.

E.g. the part was designed in car body frame.

You have different ways:

1. create a new frame in 0,0,0,0,0,0 -> relocate the part from its self origin to the frame

2. Set working frame -> reset working frame -> Working frame should be in 0,0,0,0,0,0 -> relocate the part from its self origin to the working frame.

3. select the part -> open Placement Manipulator -> enter the values 0,0,0,0,0,0.

Best regards

Ok, i got it.

but, if the component is not having its own working frame,

can we create frame for component and define that frame as working frame for that perticular component. is it possible.

Hi,

A component doesn´t have a working frame, it has a SelfOrigin, GeometricCenter or any other frame which can be manually created in it.

You can define any frame as Working Frame. So yes you could set the Working Frame in SelfOrigin of your component.

Ok..

Thanks, i will check.