Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the memory data in Process simulate through OPC

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

memorydata.PNGHello all

I am connect PS to KEPWARE OPC Sever and map the memory signal as attach photo.

after that, I force the memory data, but the signal in OPC Sever it is not changed.

can I get support how to change the Memory value in OPC through PS?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: How to set the memory data in Process simulate through OPC

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi

Which OPC connection are you using (DA or UA)? 

In the PS OPC UA client signals are only exchanged based on Symbol Name (Signal Name) and not addresses, so the Memory checkbox will have no effect (also - you signal name and tag name in the OPC server do not seem to exactly match, do you have an Item Header defined? Are other signals exchanged ok?). You should be able to exchange memory using the implicit names of course. 

In OPC DA PS can only exchange signal based on addresses which are Siemens standard, and I do not think this option works with any OPC server but the Siemens PC based (PC Station in Step 7) OPC version 8.xx servers, so again - are other signals exchanged ok? If it is OPC DA - what is your connection set to (Adresses or Names)?

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

Thanks for your response, I am using Kepware as OPC Sever

it is DA only, not UA.

currently except the Memory data, other I/O data can exchanged good between PS and OPC, and I connect each other with Names only.

so your mean for OPC UA, can be exchange data good for memory?

Thanksopc.PNG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

opcua error 1.PNGHello expert

did you connect ps with OPC UA good ?

currently I am try to connect PS with OPC UA, but it is always failed, I am using KEPWARE as OPC sever, in OPC DA it is connected good .