Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to toggle RTCP for a via?

Creator
Creator

Hi.

I'm trying to toggle a via from remote TCP to non-remote while keeping the robot position the same. Changing the Uframe field from say "2 (RTCP)" to "2" changes the robot position. Is there a procedure or tool simular to "Shift Locations by TCP Offset" but for remote user frames?

viaRTCP.PNG

Process Simulate 13.0 with FANUC RCS v8.23 A3/15

4 REPLIES

Re: How to toggle RTCP for a via?

Creator
Creator

I've come up with a procedure to convert remote-TCP vias to non-remote but it is not ideal since it must be done for each via individually because of the nature of attached vias.

Turn off External TCP in Operation Properties:
    Operation Properties -> Process -> Uncheck External TCP
For each remote-TCP via:
    1) Jump robot to via:
        Select via in the path editor then key Alt-J
    2) Clear the robot configuration and taught coordinates:
        Robot -> OLP -> Clear Teach Location
    3) Detach via from robot:
        Tools -> Layout -> Attachment -> Detach
    4) Change vias' Uframe field to NOT RTCP in the path editor:
        eg. Change Uframe from "2 (RTCP)" to "2"
    5) Use the "Shift Locations by TCP Offset" tool to shift from the user frame to the tool frame.
        eg. If you have Uframe=2 and Utool=1, say Wrong TCP=uf2 and Correct TCP=ut1

Hopefully a better solution exists that can de done in bulk.

Phenom
Phenom

Hello @DresslerA

I've had similar need in the past in which the required actions was to convert locations that used robot tcp to external tcp. I've written an API for that since there was no bulk solution, because I needed to do that for all loaded locations.Are you working with APIs?

Regards, 

Creator
Creator

That sounds great. Can you share how your API works?

I’ve heard some things about a .NET or C# API but I haven’t had a chance to research it. I have a programming background so the barrier to entry should be setting up the right software and learning how the API works. I definitely want to get involved with that as there are many things I’d like to automate and improve in Process Simulate.

Do you have recomendations on how to get started? I see there are some API training videos in the Tecnomatix Developer Knowledge Base.

Phenom
Phenom

Hello @DresslerA

Basically the API looks for operations that have no external tcp check and via locations in that operation that has no remote tcp set (these are the locations I want to fix, from robot's TCPF reference to the gun RTCP reference).

After that it moves the machine to each of those vias and relocate them to the RTCP (it also attach it to the robot kinematic link). Finally, it changes the operation with the external tcp check. 

Those videos from Tecnomatix Developer Knowledge Base are very usefull since it begins with the basics for API development. You can also post questions in Tecnomatix Developer Forum and check "eMPower\TecnomatixSDKHelp" folder for additional help files.

Regards!