cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the new TCP for a path without updating each location in Process Simulate?

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I have a situation that demands the TCP change in Process Simulate

I have created a path using tcpX. Now customer wants me to modify the TCP in terms of orientation and to a different location on the gripper. New tcp is, tcpY.

I have 8 robots each has plenty of handling paths for 3 variants.

Right now Im following the conventional way like, going to each and every location of the path and updating the location with new TCP tcpY. 

Could anyone suggest if there is a better way to modify the tcpX to tcpY. 

I think there should be a better way since I have done similar kind of modifications on Delmia using Macros.

Thanks in Advance.

17 REPLIES

Re: How to update the new TCP for a path without updating each location in Process Simulate?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi 

Use **bleep**location by TCP offset found in the OLP tools.

Regards

Re: How to update the new TCP for a path without updating each location in Process Simulate?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

*bleep**==shift

Creator
Creator
Thanks RobSimCoder..

But I Could not understand it.

Could you tell something elaborately if possible.

Thanks in advance..

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

Shift locations by TCP offset button

It is a function in the OLP tools

Regards

Creator
Creator

Thanks RobSimCoder

Im sorry, I dont know where to find this option.

Could you guide me through step by step if possible.

Thanks in advance..

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

1. Switch on computer(only joking) but PC needs to be on!

2. Right click on the upper area menu areas in  PS. You should see Customize or customize the ribbon depending on setup.

3.Next see on All commands are active then search for Shift Locations by TCP Offset.

4.Now you should be able to drag and drop or move to a TAB depending on your setup.

Make sure OLP Tools are install else you will not find it.

Regards

Creator
Creator
Thanks RobSimCoder

I think we dont have OLP tools installed. is it a license option or should it come with Base and Spot option?

Could you also brief me what are the advantages of having OLP tools installed if possible..!!

Thanks for your special efforts.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

You need to download it from the Siemens PLM download site.

With the OLP tools you will get Shift Locations by TCP offset which shift between TCP's for the complete operation in just a few clicks!!!

Regards

Creator
Creator
Thanks RobSimCoder

I will check this and will keep you posted.