Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write logic for Robot Busy signal in PS?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

I want to know, How to create/define robot busy signal logic in Tecnomatix process simulate. I do not have any  idea about it.

PS: There is no issue in PLC side. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to write logic for Robot Busy signal in PS?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, 

Maybe just send a signal when robot leaves the XHOME position?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @IP 

Thanks for your reply.

I know the concept to do the robot busy signal. But I want to know how to create a signal which defines robot is busy or not? Is this possible to do by logic block?.

What are the procedure I should follow to create robot busy signal? If you know these thins please let me know.

----

Regards,

Gautham.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

HI,

as mentioned from @IP just create a signal when the robot is not in any of your HOME poses.

you can create this inside a logic block and as exit just use the expression "NOT HOME". Connect the "busy" signal with the exit. 

Best regards

Patrick

Highlighted

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @PatrickUnangst

Thanks for reply

How to create the signal when the robot is not  HOME poses? Please explain little bit brieflySmiley Happy

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

use Robot Signals to create a new robot signal (input).

Also, create the robot default signals. This will create PoseActionSensors (with signals) for all your defined robot poses.

For your robot resource use "create Lb Poses Actions and Sensors" command. Select the poses you want.

Open the LB and add a boolean exit to it. As expression use something like "NOT at_Home".

Connect your previously created robot signal and connect it with your exit. 

Best regards

Patrick 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Create an input signal, name it "OnTheWay". Set the signal to TRUE when the robot leaves the HOME position. And set it to FALSE when the robot finishes the operation and is back to HOME. Or you can use Robot Default Signals/Pose Signals

Create an output signal, name it "RobotBusy". Inside LB you do monitoring of "OnTheWay" signal and depending on its value, LB will set the value of "RobotBusy" signal.

Like: if "OnTheWay" is TRUE then "RobotBuzy" is TRUE

Hope that makes sensRobotBusy_1.jpg