Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import weld locations

Hi guys,

I want to import weld point coordinates with PS /PD 10.1 from an external file (xml, txt) - is this possible?

19 REPLIES

Re: Import weld locations

Hi,

You can import into Process Designer using File -> Import -> " Import eBop from file.." and the acceptable formats are .xml, .csv. and .ppd

In Process Simulate using File -> Project Management -> " Import eBop from file.." (if it is not there add from the Tools -> Customize.. window.  Again the acceptable formats are .xml, .csv. and .ppd

If you are working in a disconnected study File -> Import/Export -> Import MFGs

CSV MFG file format and I attached the csv template I have used before.

classExternalIdnamelocationoperatesOn
PmWeldPointCan use weld number hereUse weld numberThis is a comma delimited Part External IDs (EXT_IDPart1,EXT_IDPart2,EXT_IDPart3)This is a comma delimeted location (x,y,z)

Hi

I am using the programm in a disconnected study. And i have used your posted csv file to import weld points but i could not manage it.

hi altinay,

in your file the parameters are not delimited by commas (csv=Comma Separated Values), but by semicolons.

Probably this is due to your regional settings of Windows, where you have ";" as list-seperator. Then Excel saves it like that. Check by opening the file in a text-editor.

You may replace ";" by "," or change your regional settings.

[ Edited ]

this type of import table is for PS on EmServer and not for PS Disconnected.

class;Externalld;name;location;operatesOn are not required for import into a disconnect cell.

if you take a look at the PS Help (see pic) there is an example that shows how to create the csv file.

Afterwards, my csv file looks like this. (opened in notepad)

Hi,

We could not execute Process Simulate in Teamcenter, and come out error attached. Let us know please  wheather you have solution on this issue.

Can we open/import process(MPP) in process simulate by using process simulate standalone?  

I have tried the csv file as youurs. error log file and scv in attached

[ Edited ]

OK,

lets try this.

Name,X,Y,Z
Point.1126,"10,5","20","300,7"

X = 10.5

Y = 20

Z = 300.7

Is this also possible for continuous MFGs?

Hello Patrik,

had a query on similar grounds, is it possible to import weldpoints wrt any frame in the study.

eg. Self frame or working frame or any custom built frame in existing study.