Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Insert Component from file: Error: The type of the component is not defined.

Hi!

I'm newBee in Process Simulate and following Learning Advantage > Process Simulate Standalone > Kinematics Basics.

I tried for the first time to import a .cojt component into a new RobcadStudy but it doesn't work:

<<

Errors:
d:\nicolas.rouve\documents\tecnomatix\sp45109_mod_kin_v111_data\sysroot\libraries\model_kinematics\guns\gun_geo.cojt - The type of the component is not defined. Use Define Component Type command to define the type.

>>

I can't find any "Define Component Type" command in the MODELING menu.

I tried to convert the cojt as described there  with "Upgrade CO to version" but the exe answers " There are no components to upgrade".

What is wrong ?

Thanks!

Nico

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author NRouvé
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Insert Component from file: Error: The type of the component is not defined.

Hi,

You can get the "Define Component Type" by RMB (Right Mouse Button) in the Gray Area of the Menu Bar and selecting Customize.  In the Customize window you will find the command on the right hand side.  It is alphabetical.  Now Drag and Drop the command to an existing menu. 

You can even drag and drop it to the Modeling Menu.  It should expand when you move over it in the Main Menu.

Once you do this make sure to update your layout, so the next time you apply the layout the command is still there.  View -> Layout Manager -> select the Layout to update and select Update.

Re: Insert Component from file: Error: The type of the component is not defined.

Hi!

As seen in the help, when inserting component from file, if i'm disconnected (I don't know at all if im connected or not), I have to use Define Component Type.

Defining seems to work, but what to do next ?

I need a resource of that type in my study ...

Thanks,

Nico

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author NRouvé
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi,

Connected/Disconnected refers to an eMS Database.  If you are connected when you launch Process Simulate you will be presented with a User Login and Password.  Then the option to create a project or select one from a project list.  I guess you are not connected.  You should find out from your IT exactly what you are working with.

You are "Defining" what type of component (cojt) you have.  This definition becomes part of the component, so when you import it into PS it will "understand" what it is.  ie... a robot, a weld gun,a tool prototype, etc...

Once you have the cojt's defined you can Drag and Drop them to your Graphic Viewer and they will load to the Object Tree.  If this doesn't work the cojt is not under the systemroot as defined in Tools - Options

Regards,

Jason Barrett