cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid gun / gripper

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have imported two welding guns and a gripper from an old robcad project and converted the co to cojt. On the next step i have imported the new tools to my local library. Everything is fine, kinematik is working and I can mount the tool on the robot. The problem is that I can`t add the tool to a new welding operation - the dialog says "Invalid gun: zc_rc056 is not a gun.".

The tool is declared as gun. The same problem exists with the gripper.

Is there a known workaround for that problem?

12 REPLIES

Re: Invalid gun / gripper

Legend
Legend

HI,

in the "Kinematics" tab -> "Tool Definition", check that your tool is correctly defined as gun and gripper.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the hint, the gun is declared as "Tool Type: Gun", but there is no TCP Frame inserted. I´m not able to edit the tool definition, cause the tool is locked for editing (also when i have checked out the resource library). I have searched various menus, but i can´t find the function to lock / unlock the modeling mode. :/

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello,

It must be a cojt to be able to edit it; also it must not be surfaces(depends how you imported it); and if you have multiuser environment, you must have modeling rights from the eMServer administrator.

Regards

Solution Partner Pioneer

Also you must set first:

Modeling->Set Modeling Scope,

then the tool definition will be active

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hmmh, the enviroment is standalone and I´m logged in as adminstrator (so I think I have modeling rights). I´ve converted the files with UpgradeToVersion and imported the ne files via "create engineering libraries".

I also can´t set Modeling Scope, cause it`s grey in the menu. :/

Solution Partner Pioneer

Have you selected the gun on pick level component or from the object tree and the set modeling

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I´ve tried to pick it from the object tree, but it makes no difference.

Legend
Legend

Standalone means you have ProcessSimulate V11.1
Since this version of PS it is possible to use "Set Modeling Scope" and "End Modelling" is disconnect cells.

Just select die gun or gripper in compound mode then the function should be available.

could you please show us a picture of your problem?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
No, standalone means the the oracle db, e
MServer and client are running on the same machine. Smiley Wink
Wa are using PS/PD 10.1