cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KUKA RCS error:Tool data and Base data values are not updating in config file

Creator
Creator

HI 

I have loaded KUKA RCS  and i am able to work on kuka RCS. I have defined tool values and base values in PS Robotic cell> Tool & Base Definitions. But those values are not getting updated in config.dat file of the Robot's Machinedata Files Folder.

Please help me 

Thanks in Adavance,

Venkat

3 REPLIES

Re: KUKA RCS error:Tool data and Base data values are not updating in config file

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

We do not modify any KUKA system file from Process Simulate.

You can export the definitions from Robot Setup and then manually update your $config.dat from the export content.

Re: KUKA RCS error:Tool data and Base data values are not updating in config file

Creator
Creator

Hi GillesVelay,

Thanks for the information.

Please reply for the following scenario.

At our end, we are working on eM-Server based PS and our customer is taking the PSZX from us to check the data.

Now he is not getting the tool information in the Robot Setup> Tool& Base Definitions.

So I understand that its not possible to update the config.dat automatically as we update eM-Server.

I can export the Tool & Base definitions using the Export Data Definitions from the Robot Setup. Is there a way to download them into the Standalone/ Disconnected mode PS.?

Thanks in Advance,

Venkat

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The Tool&Base information you have in your PS eMS study should be included automatically in the pszx exported study.