Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Simulation general questions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I started to work with Line Simulation a few weeks ago.

Now I have some questions to this topic. I work with an ABB robot (IRC5 robotware 6.05)

1. Is it possible to run the conveyer in different speeds with an synchronization of the robot tcp speed?

2. Is it possible to jump to the locations in path edior or normal mode with the position information of the conveyer on the choosen location?

3. Is there any detailed documentation or tutorials about this topic?

Thank´s in advance,

Matthias

3 REPLIES

Re: Line Simulation general questions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

1. Yes. The only current limitation is that we do not support a change of conveyor speed when the robot is waiting

2. Yes, you have dedicated Path Editor column "Teach_ConveyorPos". This information can be edited and is recorded during a simulation in "Auto Teach" mode

3. I do not have, but other people may have

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi GillesVelay,

thank you for your fast reply.

I still found the "Teach_ConveyorPos" column in the path editor, but it´s empty with grey backround.

Is there anything wrong in my study? When I start the simulation in sequence editor the conveyor starts correctly and also the operations that I uploaded on the robot are moving forward by starting the key signal of the conveyor. In my MOC.file exists a second definition of my conveyor (CNV2) but I can´t define the same conveyor properties on this mechanical unit. The third one is an external linear axis I even can´t see in the columns (ext. axis - empty with grey backround) of the path editor.

kind regards,

Matthias

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Maybe you need first to simulate with Auto Teach to have a value so the cell is enabled?