Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Movie Capturing, time-sync, high resolution, cameras

Pioneer
Pioneer

Esteemde GuidoDamm

Yes, it creates a video with two pictures of *.mp4 type.

I hope you can check the attachment when you are available.

Thanks for your attention to my questions time after time.

Best Regards

Paul

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Paul,

you can squeeze the video to half width using ffmpeg like this:

ffmpeg.exe -i PS-Movie-3D_Stereo.mp4 -vf scale=iw*.5:ih,setsar=1:1 PS-Movie-3D_Stereo_new.mp4

Maybe I will continue working on the tool, doing this automatically. But I currently don't find the time for it...

and a hint: do not use the overlay-text function for stereo.

I think I mentioned it in the manual.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Esteemed GuidoDamm ,
Thanks for you to interpret and help my questions, so I get a chance to learn from you.
best wishes
Paul

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Guido,

First of all, thank you for this great AddOn! It has made PS movie capturing fun and creative.

Now to my question. Since I’m using PS for sales and marketing purposes I’m wondering if there are any plans to develop a renderer with the ability to create photorealistic videos?

In my opinion that would open up a new area of use for PS.

Siemens Phenom

Thanks AndyV!

"Photorealistic" will be probably hard to achieve.

But if you have access to a TC-Visualisation Mockup installation, you may enhance some of your components.

Or you pimp your model by putting a reflecting floor underneath and brick-walls around it.

TC-Vis allows, e.g.

• using materials like smoked glas or metall that reflects environment maps
  • create your own materials from images and bumpmaps
  • applying image-based textures to a geometry

Process Simulate and Process Designer do support all these features, but have no authoring capabilities for it. You have to change a JT in your sysroot using TC-Vis and next time it's loaded its look has changed.

I did not experience a performance decrease, but used it only for rather small trade fair-models.

Activating the TrueShading-capabilities that are sleeping in our graphics-core, could also be possible.

But currently there are no such plans.

If you have a concrete usecase, you could create an official enhancement request, by opening an IR at GTAC.

1st image: TC-Vis, Material-editor

2nd image: how it looks in PS

3rd image: example for TrueShading (JT exported from PS, loaded in TC-Vis with activated TS-mode)

hmi.jpghmips.jpgGM_Weld_1920x1080-Siemens.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for sharing your ideas and examples!

TC Visualisation Mockup is definitely interesting. As for now I would settle for the ability to create materials instead of tracing bitmaps to vectors and vectors to solid geometry.

Slightly off topic: The only thing left on my wishlist now is the possibility to export a Line Simulation to web/3D PDF, based on a start and stop time.

Once again, thank you!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey Guido,

Is there a way to change the target of the file saving location? I tried and ffmpeg couldnt seem to find its way to my new location. It worked when I changed it back to C:\TEMP.

Thanks!

Johnathan 

Siemens Phenom
Hi,
indeed, you are right. It's a bug.
I know that one for a long time, but did not solve it, as I expected movie capturing to become a core component anyway... unfortunately it has not enough priority.
If I find time, I might fix it some day, but my schedule is full.
Sorry for that. Please try to live with C:\temp

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Guido,

As you're aware of by now I'm on a mission to try and make use of PS for marketing purposes. I have received good tips from you on how to pimp my models and that TrueShading could become a reality in PS in the future.

Now, one last idea crossed my mind. Since TrueShading is available in TC-Vis, is it possible to batch export images from TC-Vis to a video file and thus create a video with TrueShading? I'm aware that manual handling of thousands of images is out of the question. I'm referring to some sort of automated process. 

In this High Definition age it's always nice when you can impress the customer with some really high quality video.

Siemens Phenom

Hi Andy,

exporting Images wouldn't give you TS, I'm afraid.

Pls open an IR, stating you need this feature.