Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Movie Capturing, time-sync, high resolution, cameras

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I couldn't add Moviecamera_Robot.cojt folder under the study. it gives an error

Steps Performed : Modeling --> Insert Component From File --> C:\Program Files\Tecnomatix\eMPower\DotNetCommands\MovieCapture\   "Moviecamera_Robot.cojt"

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Loganathan V.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This behavior is not related to the MovieCapture application.

The camera is a normal .cojt, that has to be treated like any other component.

As the message says, you can only load it from within the sysroot, your library path.

So, copy it into your library.

Depending on your setup, you need first to

• "define component type" (PS-Standalone), or
  • "Create engineering library" (eMServer)

You may choose "Robot" as type, but the MovieCapture app doesn't care. It will recognize it as a camera by identifying its kinematics.

Good luck ;-)

Hi,

Am trying to work with MovieCapture feature with PS Standalone 12.1. But facing a problem wherein the changes that i do in capture settings are not getting saved and non of the Images or videos are getting saved in folders that i create. There is no tab itself to save or cancel as compared with the snapshot in MovieCapture Setup & Manal file.

PFA image attached.

Not understanding if this is a compatibility issue with new version of software.

Please share any new content suitable for PS S 12.1 for MovieCapture. Think ffmpeg.exe is not compatible with 12.1. Please do the needful.

Siemens Phenom

Looking at the screenshot, I believe your Windows is set to a display magnification of 125%.

When I change it on my machine the dialog looks the same. But also all other PS-buttons look very ugly.

You will have to set your display back to 100%, in order to get the "Save" button back.

Btw: I do not believe all PS-dialogs are properly working in this mode. So I don't see the need to update MovieCapture.

Regarding a possible incompatibility of ffmpeg.exe:

I do not believe there are hidden problems here, as long as you renamed the 64bit-file to 'ffmpeg.exe' and have it in the right folder. MovieCapture checks the ffmpeg path.

I'm still working with a very old version of ffmpeg (shame on me...), which works in 12.1.

ffmpeg version N-46469-gc995644 built on Nov  5 2012 17:58:15 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)

Feel free try to download the latest version of ffmpeg.exe and simply put it to right folder.

Thanks for your reply, after changing the magnification level to 100% 'Save' and 'cancel' feature is available on the screen now.

Re: Movie Capturing, time-sync, high resolution, cameras

Pioneer
Pioneer

How did you insert movie capturing into Plant Simulation 12.0?  I'm trying to do it but I can't.

Siemens Phenom
Hi,
MovieCap is written on the Proceas Simulate Api.
It won't work on PlantSim.

Von meinem Android-Telefon mit TouchDown (www.symantec.com) gesendet

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software GmbH; Anschrift: Franz-Geuer-Str. 10, 50823 Köln; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Urban August, Daniel Trebes; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 84564

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello,
I encounter a trouble that the stereo capture video *.mp4 can not display in 3D TV.
the video can not be recognized by 3D TV.
can you tell me what is wrong and how to solve it?
thanks.

Paul

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I encounter a trouble that the stereo capture video *.mp4 can not display in 3D TV.

the video can not be recognized by 3D TV.

can you tell me what is wrong and how to solve it?

thanks.

Paul

Siemens Phenom
Hi Paul,
the stereo feature creates a side-by-side movie.
Did the process create a file with two pictures? Except for the content, there is nothing special about the video-file itself.
But the current implementation creates proportional pictures for each eye. My TV, an LG, accepts this.
Some devices like the picture squeezed to 16:9, which mean e. g. for 1080p (1920x1080), that each picture is 1080 px high but only 960 px wide.

If your TV can't work with the output, you could postprocess the file with the ffmpeg. exe to a 16:9 ratio.
Google/ffmpeg-homepage should know command-line exmaples for that.
Or use VideoToVideo (I think it's hosted at sourceforge) a free GUI for ffmpeg.
Regards,
Guido