cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ext. axes value manipulation for several axes

Legend
Legend

Is there a possibility to manipulate the ext. axes value for several axes simultaneously?

For example:

I have 5 ext. axes and about 50 different locations.

I need to change the ext. axis value for each location from 180 to -180.

Actually have to use "set external axis value" command to change the value, but for each location individually. This is very time consuming.

What I am looking for is the function, which is already implemented in Robcad. The function in Robcad is "Update ext. axis value"

Is maybe something like this already implemented in Process Simulate and if not, are there any plans to implement it.

Regards,

Patrick

13 REPLIES

Re: Multiple ext. axes value manipulation for several axes

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In OlpTool, you have SmoothExternals.

• Smooth External
This tool allows the automatic setting of external axis values along a path.

• Select a start and an end location inside a robotic operation. These locations should already have an external value defined.
  • If the robot has more than one external axis, select the external joint(s) you want to interpolate
  • Select whether you want to keep or overwrite any intermediate external values already defined
  • Press "OK" or "Apply".
    • The application will create/update the external joint values on all locations between the selected ones.
    • It will interpolate the external joint values set on the start and end locations with the relative Cartesian travel distance from the start location, along the path.
    • If the option "Keep intermediate defined external values" is checked, the interpolation will instead be done between each location which has an external value defined

Siemens Phenom

Dialog screenshot.

Legend
Legend

Thanks for your information, but with this function i have not the effect I expect.

In this case, to do everything by hand is the better way. Man Sad

Regards,

Patrick

Siemens Phenom

You could change the first and last location of your path from -180 to +180 and then apply Smooth Externals with "overwrite existing externals" = true. All inbetween locations will then get +180 (as they will be smoothed between +180 and.. +180).

Siemens Phenom

If the locations are not in the same path, then I agree this tool will not help...

Legend
Legend

Ok thanks, I will try it later.

Legend
Legend

So I have tested the function again by reference to your information.

For external axes (uncoupled from robot) everything works fine.

For external axes of the robot it does not work 100% correct but it is better then nothing.

Thanks for your support.

Siemens Phenom

What do you mean by "external axes uncoupled from robot" versus "external axes of the robot"?

Legend
Legend

external axes uncoupled from robot: This is the positionier with two axes

external axes of the robot: this are three linear axes system like a gantry, and at the third linear axis a normal robot with six axes is mounted suspended.

The function works correct for the positioner but not for the robot with its three linear axis.