Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

.NET API question

Hi everybody,

does anybody know how to change X, Y, Z values from "OLP - Dynamic Params" branch through .NET API ?

Any help appreciated

Dave 

9 REPLIES

Re: .NET API question

These coordinates are relative to the "Object Frame" selected for the location (for mounted gun locations) or to the "Tool Frame" selected for the location (for remote gun locations / mounted part locations).

They are made in a way that they will show what the controller will actually download in the program file.

Hi Gilles, thank you for your answer. I understand how these values work. But our problem is that we don't how to change these coords through the API.

TX "has them saved somewhere", but we cannot find the correct object and property.

Could you help us, please?

D.

[ Edited ]

They are not saved, they are dynamically computed based on the position of the location and selected "Object Frame" position. If you pick another "Object Frame", they will change accordingly. If you relocate the location, as well.

Man Sad

Bad new.

Anyway, thank you very much for your time.

Dave

What are you trying to achieve? Maybe there is another way to do it?

We need to import lot of data from Excel. 

Our customer had exported path editor columns (including the X, Y, Z from OLP - Dyn Params) to Excel. In Excel he changed some values (including the X, Y, Z from OLP - Dyn Params). And now he wants to import modified data back to RobotExpert. All other columns are ok except the mentioned X, Y, Z.

Unfortunately he did not used the General X, Y, Z coordinates. They would be easy to import.

The only workaround that has come to my mind is to generate own .LS file (FANUC robot program) from the Excel data and then import this file into RE using build-in tool.

D.

Maybe you can set the working frame at the "Object Frame" position (base, uframe, wobj data...) and then use LocationRelativeToWorkingFrame property that exists on all location objects.

Alternatively if you know the position of this "Object Frame", computing the AbsoluteLocation from the relative X Y Z RX RY RZ in the excel is straightforward:

AbsoluteLocation = ObjectFrame.AbsoluteLocation * new TxTransformation (new TxVector(X,YZ), new TxVector(RX,RY,RZ), TxRotationType.RPY_XYZ).

It seems interesting. I'll let you know.

Thank you

Dave

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave007
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Well, we managed it.Smiley Happy Translating a description from my colleague:

It is possible to “touch” the XYZ with grey background through:
- FanucRj.Common.CApFanucRjLocation
- robot settings SetRobot(TxEuOlpUtil.COlpUtilRobot...)
- RelativeCoordinates settings <- here it is possible to set the XYZ (TxVector...)

Of course this approach is usable for FANUC robots only.

Thank you very much

Dave