cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cell : how to create it ?

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello Everybody,

I am new with robot expert and it is still difficult for me to get the way to do the things.

I am trying to set up a new cell representative to the physical one we have in the company.

It is Flexarc IRBP R-600 D1200 L2000 wotj a Robot Single IRB 2600ID 8/2,00m.

I got most of the 3D data from ABB already .

My question is about the robot itself, i cannot find the same robot in the standard library RobotExpert and i wanted to know how to create a compatible model for robotexpert from standard 3D models ?

I have at my disposition NX 10, RobotExpert V12 and SolidEdge ST7.

Thank yo uvery much for your help,

Regards, Hugo

5 REPLIES

Re: New cell : how to create it ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The ABB robot models in Robcad format (convertible to Robot Expert with upgradetoversion) are usually available from ABB website.

Hello Gilles,

Thanks for the answer. So the RobCad is supposed to work for robotexpert .

in the files i downloaded from ABB site i got this :

I dont see any file looking like model or something. can you tell me how to use this Robcad file please ?

Thank you very much ,

Best regards,

Hugo

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This is .co folder which is the Robcad component format.

There is a convertor from Robcad format (co) to Process Simulate / Robot Expert format (cojt), in Process Simulate. It is called UpgradeToVersion (under eMPower). I do not know if it has been made available on Robot Expert...

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

In Robot Expert select File -> Import/Export -> Convert CAD Files

In the Covert CAD Files select Add... change the Files of type: field by clicking the drop down arrow (you can see all the types RBX converts) to Tecnomatix Components (*.co,*.cojt)

Browse to where the .co file is located, select it, and hit Add

VERIFY the Target Folder Path: is where you want to put the converted model (it must be under your libraryroot, defined in Tools -> Options -> Library tab)

Chane the Base class = Resource and the Component class = Robot

In the Options section check Insert component and then OK

Now that you have everthing defined for the conversion from .co format to a RBX format select Convert

A dialogue will open with a status, select OK and wholla a robot converted from Robcad (.co) format to RBX format (.cojt) is created.

Many robot models can be found on GTAC under Downloads & Uploads -> Produc Updates = Tecnomatix Directory -> Robot_Models

Hi thank you very much for the help .

I just didn't understand before that i have to select the folder named .co to convert the data but now it is ok .

Very good , thank you again .