cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS 11 TR3 Virtual commissioning kuka and PLC communication

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all,

in our robotic cells we are using kuka KRC4. Robot is controlled with PLC. Robot communicates with PLC via aprox 15 signals. I found in manual from PS default signals like startProgram, programNumber etc. I am using kuka RCS module and I need to know how can I download to PS configuration of real robotics signals and "behavior" of RCS will be same like real robot (for example we are using signal move enable and I want to stop robot with this signal). Is these signals in RCS an how can I use it or i have to creat logic from default signals?

Thank you very much.  

4 REPLIES

Re: PS 11 TR3 Virtual commissioning kuka and PLC communication

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

you have to create an LB that will control the robot according to the real logic.

inside the LB, you will trigger the ProgramNumber and ProgramStart signal in order to control which operation is executed by the robot.

Regarding the robot stop, you should use the programPause signal.

Best regards

Bernard

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Bernard,

thank you very much for your answear.

I have a question just for my clearance. If I using VC and RCS module, robot simulation take from RCS just movements and control of servos. It doesnt take from robot (mada STEU config etc.) a configuration of robot controller, signals for external automatics mode and safety configuration etc. Am i right?

Thank you very much

Best.

Majlov 

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

yes this is correct. TCS is only dealing with motion planning.

Best regards

Bernard

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you very much Bernard.