Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PS 12.1.1 - Locations not reachable/partly reachable after PS restart

Hi all,

I've encountered a very annoying issue. In some layouts I've found that certain/all locations become unreachable/partly reachable after restarting PS. First I thought it was a TCPF problem, but after verifying that the locations orientation and the TCPF orientation match I could rule that out. It's also possible to jog the robot to the locations, so the locations are within the robots limits.

I should clarify that I'm using a 4 axis linear robot (4th axis is external).

This is really causing me big problems since I have to add new locations everytime I restart PS.

4 REPLIES

Re: PS 12.1.1 - Locations not reachable/partly reachable after PS restart

What do you use to check reachability? Simulation? Jump Assigned Robot?

Is the "no inverse" issue depends on the current joint position of your special robot?

I use the "Reach Test" dialog. 

I've always saved the layout with the robot in its initial position so I can't say if it's a joint position issue. The strange thing is that it's not always the same amount of locations that's unreachable after restart.

I should also mention that the problem occurs when switching between Standard Mode and Line Simulation Mode.

Did you check Options / Motion / Use location information in static applications? Does this setting change anything?

Do you think some locations are somewhat relocated by the system between save and reload?

We have some progress, I think.

When I check the "Use location information in static applications" box all locations are reachable again. However, I can't move to them or run the simulation, I can only jump to them.

Also, some of the locations (with the same orientation) are suddenly offset from the TCPF, so when I jump to one of the offset locations the TCPF and the location are not coincident. I thought I could solve this by offsetting the locations according to the distance between the locations and the TCPF, but the robot still jumps to the exact same position.

The locations seems to be in the same place after reload but the system doesn't seem to recognize them.