Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[PS] Arc Continuous Positioning with three axes positioner - how to use only one axis of three?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello,

I know PS does not support more than 2 axes for this function to work. However, I only need one of three axes to revolute during the welding process. Please check the attached image. The positioner is KUKA KP3-H2H.

The lower axis is for mounting a new part so it should not turn. The middle axis switches those two axes between the welding cycles. 

I need to make PS think it's a one-axis positioner during the process so I can use Arc Continuous Positioning for the welding operation and keep the other two axes to turn the whole table and mount a new part.

Any advice on this, please? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: [PS] Arc Continuous Positioning with three axes positioner - how to use only one axis of three?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I am afraid you need to split your positioner component in 2 components, one with 2 axes that you do not want to be calculated, and one with the single axis that you want to be calculated.

Re: [PS] Arc Continuous Positioning with three axes positioner - how to use only one axis of three?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

That worked! Thanks!