cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS--RCS initialization is not performed with External axes--KUKA Robot

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone!Smiley Very Happy

I'm making offline program in process simulation, the cell is one Kuka robot(kr210r2700prime) with a roll table moved by a servo motor, the roll table is rotating while the robot is working.

We have complete the real cell and the robot works well.

Then go back to process simulation, when I try to Load Robot Backup to initialize RCS, it show me the information:

The RCS could not be initialized: Initialization is not performed. Machine data file is not found.(-56)

It seems the machine data is missing.

I have checked the $machine.dat under \KRC\R1\Mada, it includes the configuration of external axis , and in the fold \C\KRC\Roboter\Config\User\Common\Mada\NGAxis, it do have E1.xml file.

The version of the robot is V8.3.190/KUKA8.3.

My newest rcs_krc1 version is krc8.3_r14.

Then I found the robot mada from Siemens ftp, the version is 8.2.01, I try to initialize the RCS with krc8.2_r01 without external axis, it is working. but the external axis isn't active(External Manipulator setup can't be use in robot setup).

I have two questions till now:

1. Although I have the robot backup, why the RCS still can't be initialized?

2. After I initialize the RCS with standard mada, how to configure the external axis in process simulate? 

Attachment is $machine.dat in the \KRC\R1\Mada and warning information during the initialization.

4 REPLIES

Re: PS--RCS initialization is not performed with External axes--KUKA Robot

Legend
Legend

Hi,

first of all. What you need are the machine data from the robot + ext axis.

The mada you found on FTP doesn´t include this type of machine data you need.

The machine data from your robot backup you cannot use, because so information which are necessary for the simulation are missing in that files.

But what you can do ist to create the mada for your configuration by yourself with the aid of "Work Visual".
1. create an empty project

2. add a controller to the project

3. add your robot from the robot catalogue to your controller (maybe you use automatic config from WW " right button corner")
4. add your ext drive to your controller

afterwards click generate code and from the "files tab" in project structure you can export "KRC" to your pc which include all you created mada.

In PS you only have to add your ext device as ext axis in robot properties and in robot setup you need to select your create mada.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Patrick,Smiley Tongue

Thanks a lot for your help!Smiley Very Happy

I followed your suggestion step by step, use 'WorkVisual' to create MADA is a good way.

But I have try some times, it seems still can't read the machine data.

And I have compare with robot backup, the KRC folder is the same.

I noticed at the warning:
CXMLSysErrorHandler::FATAL ERROR
LogBlk():RcsHandle removed!

Then initialization is failed. I try to find "CXMLSysErrorHandler", no file contain this word.

I attached the KRC files and warning information. Can you give me some suggests again?
Thank you very much!

Sun

Legend
Legend

Sorry for my late reply.

Try the mada files which are attached to this post.

For me all data look good and should work.

Let me know if the mada files are working or not.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your help!Smiley Very Happy

I have try your MADA, It's the same result!

So I think maybe the problem isn't at KRC files, Then I found some information in the "KUKA_RCS_Module_8_en.pdf":

information.jpg

I found there has no such files in the Config folders(the folder comes from WorkVisual),I download the newest mada(8.3) from ftp, and found all of those files:

Config.jpg

Than I copied all of the files to the Config folder, RCS can be initialized!

Conclusion:

For the External axis(not standard), we need KRC folder from Workvisual, and Config folder consist of Workvisual and standard mada. 

Now I can go on with my next step! Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Sun