cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Location Problem in PS 12.1.3

Creator
Creator

Hey,

I have a pick and place operation with several parts being moved. Since two weeks the parts don't move to their default location any more when I reset the simulation. They are automatically attached to each other. Every time I have to detach them and move them back to their starting positions. The simulation itself works.

Does anyone have an idea why it behaves the way it does?

Regards,

Felix

4 REPLIES

Re: Part Location Problem in PS 12.1.3

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Felix

Can you give some more details about what you are doing? 

Is this Time based or Event based simulation? How is your gripping defined (Grip list or all components)? How is your product desigend (Part\IPA\Apperance)? Did you make any changes in the study during these two weeks? 

What do you mean by "They are automatically attached to each other"? Your parts are not attached to one another before or during simulation but become attached even though you didn't attach them? Or you do attach them, but this attachments is not removed after you hit reset? 

It's hard to tell what the problem is from the details you mentioned. 

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Creator
Creator

Hi Gal,

I did not make any changes.

It's Time based simulation and the objects being moved are Parts. The parts shall not be attached to each other at no time during the simulation. Apparently they attach to each other automatically while simulating so when I restart it, the robot moves all parts at once even though he is only gripping one of them. The ones not being gripped are hovering somewhere in the air.

Sincerely,

Felix

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Felix

At least for me - this is not enough information to understand what your simulation is doing. So I suppose you can either put more information here (images, video, description - anything to help understand what you're doing and what goes wrong) or try to open an Incident Report with GTAC...

Obviously parts should not get attached if you or your simulation are not attaching them somehow, and anything done during simulation should get reset when you rewind simulation so parts should all go back to where they started from.

The only option I can think of in Time Based which will make parts come back to different locations (other than a bug) is if you make certain changes during simulation and then reset it, and that's not the best of practices.

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Felix,
sounds like your parts are part of an assembly and you added the hole assembly to the study.
Gripping grips the whole assembly.
Try putting each part into the study, not the assy itself.