Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Path Template and Custom Data

Hi,

How to use existing custom data in "path templete"?

I have a list of custom data information which I use actually for customized motion commands.

Is it possible to use these custom data from customized motion also for path template???

Regards,

Patrick

8 REPLIES

Re: Path Template and Custom Data

Yes, using the same specific syntax for CustomData as used in your motion xml.

Example to set CustomData ProcData1 of type MyProcessData on all weld locations:

<Action Name="Test" LocationTypes="Weld" Description="Test">
    <Param Name="CustomData&colon;MyProcessData" Value="ProcData1"/>
</Action>

Note: the forum translated the colon character that you need to use into this "&colon;" string...

Hi Gilles,

your code example works to 50%.
as value I have a list of 4 different parameters which are defined in the custom data.

<Param Name="CustomData&colon;MyProcessData" Value="ProcData1"/>

In your example the value is set/taken from ProcData1 but I want to select one of my four parameters from a combo box.

So after selecting the action in path templete menu, the "set" button for additional required settings should be active and then a window should appear with a combo box where I can select one of my four parameters.

Regards,

Patrick

OK. Well, I do not know if the DynamicCombo system is supported in Path Templates...

Ok,

May you can ask R&D if it is supported??

Is it possible in the path template to have access to all Tool frames which are shown in the Tool Data column of the path editor?

I want to select a tool frame as additional setting for an action from a combo box.

I will check with R&D. Tool Data is the same DynamicCombo mechanism, so if it works with Tool Data it works also with Custom Data.

It seems not to be supported.

<RobotController Name="Abb-Rapid" Version="All">
<RoboticParams>
	<Param Name="ToolData&colon;1" ValueType="string" DynamicCombo="true"/>
</RoboticParams>
</RobotController>

+

<RobotController Name="Abb-Rapid" Version="All">
<ActionList>
<Action Name="Dynamic Combo" LocationTypes="Weld" Description="Dynamic Combo">
	<Param Name="ToolData&colon;1"/>
</Action>	
</ActionList>
</RobotController>

gives

PathTemplateConfiguration: 
File:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Tecnomatix_12.0TR1/eMPower/Robotics/OLP/Abb-Rapid/PathTemplateConfiguration/DynamicCombo.xml

Path:
./RobotController/ActionList/Action[Dynamic Combo]/Param[ToolData&colon;1]

Error:
Missing attribute: Value for DynamicCombo parameter.

And indeed in the manual, you have:

Value [@,0-1] – The new parameter value. If this parameter is omitted, the system displays a dialog containing all the undefined parameters for the executed action. The user can configure values for these. For complex parameters and DynamicCombo parameters, the value element is mandatory unless you also use Remove or RemoveAll attributes.