cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photoelectric sensor

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dears,

I'm trying to use photoelectric sensor. I created it according to manual in help. When I start CEE nothing happend with status of the signal when I moving with a clamp. In attachment is properties of the light sensor. Should I setup something else?

Thank you very much.

7 REPLIES

Re: Photoelectric sensor

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

good morning,

if you work in cee mode please connect the senor signal to a logic block.

or you invoke the sensor signal under modul viewer.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good morning Benjamin,

thank you very much for your help. It is working now, but I want to ask if I done it correctly?

I know that I'm just start wit PS and VC but I want to have my project clean. So is it any way how to put that LB under light sensor? I don't want to have for every sensor LB if is not necessery. If is it necessery I will be satisfied with it and I will for every sensor create compaund resorce. 

Thank you very much    

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

sensor properties:

if you connect the sensor via OPC PLC Adress (I 0.1) it's works correctly without logic blocks!!

only in cee mode without ext. connection you must to use the sensor signal with logic block or internal plc.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Voelzke

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
FYI:
this behavior is due to the fact that PS is always ignoring signals, that are to connected to something.
This prevents from wasting performance on inactive signals.

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software GmbH & Co. KG; Anschrift: Franz-Geuer-Str. 10, 50823 Köln;
Kommanditgesellschaft: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRA 28227;
Geschäftsführung und persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: Siemens Industry Software Management GmbH;
Geschäftsführer: Urban August, Daniel Trebes; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 70858

Pioneer
Pioneer
I tried it with PLCSIM and it is working. So now it is clearly for me.

Thank you very much.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello

I connect PS to OPC Sever, and the sensor signal is working good in PLC mode, but why once the sensor signal is getting active, but the related tag data in OPC no change ?

I thought is it possible to write the opc tag data through PS. now I am working good to write OPC tage data through PLCSIM and aslo working good to read data in OPC through PS.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

I connect PS to OPC Sever, and the sensor signal is working good in PLC mode, but why once the sensor signal is getting active, but the related tag data in OPC no change ?

I thought is it possible to write the opc tag data through PS. now I am working good to write OPC tage data through PLCSIM and aslo working good to read data in OPC through PS. error.PNG