cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Simulate - two path editors

Creator
Creator

Hello all,

I have a question. Do you have any idea how to make two windows with path editor in one Process Simulate? I want to compare paths and it would be easier compare them if I would have two path editors (not scroll from one path to another).

Please help and thank you in advance.

Majk

9 REPLIES

Re: Process Simulate - two path editors

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

It´s not possible to open the Path Editor two times.

Best regards

Patrick

Genius
Genius

Hello

You can try using File - Import / Export - Export Viewers to Excel. Path editor contents will be exported there and you can use it for your comparison. 

Regards

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I know that I can export coordinates to excel but I wanted to check position for robots in simulate for example when I have two different parts for the same robot and I wanted to comapre paths for one part and second (than I have to scrolling in window).

I hope that tecnomatix will add this option in the next versions.

However, if anyone knows how to make two path editors in one simulate (I use version 13), please describe.

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I recommend to contact GTAC to open an Enhancement Request for this topic.

Thanks

Patrick

Siemens Phenom

Maybe your usecase is covered by the "robotic operation merge"-feature.

It will find differences, like distance between locations with the same name for you.

No sure it matches your usecase exactly.

Usually you would compare the same path in two version, like an upload from the shop-floor.

2017-05-29 11_54_39-Clipboard.jpg

Creator
Creator

Guys,

thanks for answers but my problem is simple. I want to watch how robot jump to one point in one path and after that check the corresponding point in the old path. Via1 from path1 with via2 from path2 ans so on. I have to check it visually. Sometimes I have to copy point for old path to new path and I have to check all points step by step. It would be easier in this situation if I would have two path editors. I hope that now you understand my problem.

Siemens Phenom
how about opening operation-tree or sequence-editor (set filters) next to it?

Genius
Genius

Hello

Jump to location can be executed outside path editor, you just need a pre-selected location. So, if you want just a visual solution to compare robot position, you can use e.g. "Operation Tree" to select locations from Path1 and "Path Editor" to select locations from Path2, and ajdust those two cascades to avoid scrolling the tree. In 13.0.2 jump to location shortcut is Alt+J.

Edit: Maybe that's what Guido mean with his answer above. 

Regards,

Creator
Creator

Now I work with operation tree and path editor as the same time but I need aditional columns which I have only in path editor for example: coordinates, rail value, motion type etc.