Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Process simulate commissioning

Dear fellow PLM Community members,

I have a question regarding the option of using PLCSIM in Process simulate. I can't choose PLCSIM, only SIMIT is possible or OPC. I want to do a test with a PLCSIM because of large amount of IO in fysical PLC.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel

Best regards,

Gabriel
15 REPLIES

Re: Process simulate commissioning

[ Edited ]

I don't know what is your problem, because I'm able to swith to PLCSIM both in PS 11.1TR3 and PS 10.1. 

Maybe license problem?

What version of PS do you have?

Hi,

I'm currently running PS 10.1.

How can I check if the license is installed properly?

An additional license was installed by our IT department.. maybe it went wrong?

Best regards,

Gabriel

Hi,

Set the following environment variable on the client machine where trying to pull the license:

• Make sure it is a system environment variable (not user) FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS=3

Then launch the application.  This might help.

Hi,

Tried it. Result:

Best regards,

Gabriel

Your other option is to review the License Server log.  have your IT clear the log file, then launch PS and try to envoke the option, and ask for the log file for review.  Maybe in there it will indicate which license key is missing if any.

Found out that we have a Technomatix V11 license, but working with Process Simulate V10.1.

Are they compatible?? Does this affect the Virtual Commissing part?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gabriel

[ Edited ]

You can use ver 11 license for the older PS. It works fine.

The question is, what is the license increment PRD_COUNTER_PS for. If it is necessary for virt. comm., you have found the reason. But I don't know. I can just confirm, that we have this increment in our license file and I am alble to switch on the VC with PLCSIM.Smiley Frustrated

Hello guys,

The module and increment you need for Virtual Commissioning is:

TN70025   Commissioning             prd_plc_programmer

It is preferable to also have license for Robotics & Automation and for the controller of the robot you are using in the simulation.

Regards

[ Edited ]

Dear Forum collegues,

We have gained 2 standalone V10 licenses from Siemens, now installed on 2 workstations. Still not running the Virtual Commissioning. When I open the License as a txt file I am seeing the TN70025 module. But still I am getting an error when starting PS with the enviromental variabel.

What is going wrong?

Best regards,

Gabriel