cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process simulate: storing coordinates of elements

Creator
Creator

Hi users,

I need help. Do you know where process simulate storage information about coordinates for models? I want to preapre makro for automatic replacement of components but I can't find files with information about coordinates for elements. I can change these coordinates without loading the station but only for a single element and I would like to do this for several dozens simultaneously. Below I showed picture with these coordinates for element.

4 REPLIES

Re: Process simulate: storing coordinates of elements

Creator
Creator

Nobody knows?

Genius
Genius

Hello @mlysy

I don't know if this is going to help with your macro, but you can export a xml file for the objects you want to update position. For doing that you can use "File -> Import / Export -> Export Object" command.

This xml will contain the location and rotation values. Your macro will need to update these values and import the xml again.

Regards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The storage depends on your platform.

TC and eMS backbones store the coordinates in their DB. You'll have to export them.

Standalone/Disconnected stores the coordiantes within the .psz-file.

Check the StandaloneStudy_PsState.xml-file inside the .psz

Another option is to write your own exporter in some dotnet language to build a file that suits you.

As PS-API is free of charge it's a great opportunity to start programming on it.

Documentation is in "eMPower\TecnomatixSDKHelp\Tecnomatix.NET.chm

This forum also has an API section.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Sry, my fault: your screenshot tells you're on eMS.

You could open your resource structure in table-view and add the location and rotation coloumns.

Than store to Excel.

Or export as xml and use a style-sheet to generate your desired file.