cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS in Simulation

Creator
Creator

Dears

In process simulate, i'm going to run the robot with RCS module for accurate simulation.

Take ABB robot for example, in the Robot Properties, but i can not select "RCS in Simulation", it means even i use the robot controller and without selecting the 'conect', the robot will still run in default motion planning.

Does anyone can help me how to active the "RCS in Simulation"

Attachment is the snapshot.

Interest is the best teacher - Go Further
9 REPLIES

Re: RCS in Simulation

Creator
Creator

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

did you

• install the RCS-module, incl. license and
  • did you configure the path to it in your eMPower\Robotics\OLP\rrs.xml

?

Siemens Phenom

You need to update the rrs.xml file (under eMPower\Robotics\OLP) with the location of your RCS installation. Then a RCS version will be available in Robot Properties. Once selected, you will be able to select "Connect to RCS".

Creator
Creator

thanks for your reply !

I'm not sure the rcs has been isntalled or not, but  the PC program list showing there are kinds of RCS already, are they RCS needed or not? (Please see the attachment)

I know how to set the abb/kuka RCS in Robcad, they do need each kind of RCS seperate in Robcad, so is it the same process to set the RCS in Process Simulate with Robcad ? 

Siemens Phenom

What you show are the installations of the OLP Controllers, not the robot vendor RCS modules.

The installation of the RCS on Process Simulate is different than in Robcad. In Process Simulate, you must update the rrs.xml with the installation paths. Please read the manuals.

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your helping.

I have just installed the abb rcs and set the related path in RRS, but when start RCS server, it come out one error, and the error code is -63478, what's the code mean?

And also in Process simulate, I could't see the RCS is connected.

Siemens Phenom

Please look at RCS installation manual on GTAC. You should first run the RCS ABB license manager, before the RCS server.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello I have the same problem. I followed the ABB_S4CPlus_IRC5_Installation.doc, license and server response well, but I am not able to check these check mark under Simulation as well as you.

Thank you for any help

Regards

Martin Zobl

Martin Zobl

Pemavako s.r.o.

Creator
Creator

Have you fixed your issues?
I have no issues any more. Just follow the RCS manuals and check exactly the rrs.xml files, the issue would be fixed.

zobl wrote:

Hello I have the same problem. I followed the ABB_S4CPlus_IRC5_Installation.doc, license and server response well, but I am not able to check these check mark under Simulation as well as you.

Thank you for any help

Regards

Martin Zobl