Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

RCS installation Rw3.2?

Tcm PS + PD 10.1 Standalone.

I have a cell with two ABB6400 with s4c-controller. On the gtac-server is a RCS-Package called rcsabb_rw3_2.51.s4c.08_03_2004_PC.zip, but there is no server like for the irc5-controllers. I´ve installed the rcs-module like the other ones in the rrs.xml:

<Version Name="rcsabb_rw3_2.s4c">
          <ModuleName>C:\Robcad\rrs_bin\rcs_abb\rcsabb_rw3_2.s4c\rcsabb_tune.exe</ModuleName>
          <ModulePathName>C:\Robcad\rrs_bin\rcs_abb\rcsabb_rw3_2.s4c</ModulePathName>
        </Version>

When I try to start the rcs-module, communication fails (-206). Also I can´t find the right robot type for the rcs, I habe an standard 6400/2.4-150. In the dropdown-menu for the manipulator type are only exotic models, like 6400/2.4-150_balB_DC2. What is to do get the rcs running?

Greetings from munich,

thebang2

13 REPLIES

Re: RCS installation Rw3.2?

Make sure to install the dedicated ABB RCS Tune Add On for this standalone old version: rcsabb_rw3_2.s4c.TuneAddOn.11_04_2007.pc.zip  

The rcsabb_tune.exe is inside the directory, but it doesn´t work - but also no communication with the rcs module.

Can you provide a screenshot of the "visible shell"? The rcsabb_tune.exe for RCS 3.2 is different from the one you use for RCS 4.0/5.0. I am not sure my first answer was clear enough about it.

[ Edited ]

The rcsabb_tune.exe is for rcs 3.2.

Update:

I can load the controller as long as I do not try to load the real moc.cfg from the robot. Maybe the problem is that the name of the real robot differs from the rcs-robots:

Orginal:

MOC.cfg:
-name "master" -use_robot_type "6400_2.4_150" -use_joint_0 "irb_1"\
backinfo.txt:
>>ROBOT_TYPE:
6400/2.4-150

I can´t find a "standard" robot in the rcs from your server, only special named like "6400/2.4-150_DC2T" and so on.

Manipulator Type 6400/2.4-150_DC2T should be OK for 6400_24_150. These names in the RCS are from ABB.

Maybe your MOC.CFG is not compatible with RCS 3.2.

Okay, I can live with that. I can load the rcs-module now, but there is an other problem. When I try to start a simulation for a robot, I got the error message below.

I don`t know if this could be a licence problem, we got the following licences for the rcs-modules:

abb_getnextstep rcsablmd 1.0 permanent 4
abb_getnextstep rcsablmd 5.0 permanent 4

This should be the right one for ic5 an below?

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author thebang2
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Yes, license issue. RCS 3.2 requires a differente license from ABB than 4.0 S4C+ and 5.0 IRC5.

Same problem, different day. Smiley Wink

After a long discussion with ABB we should have the right licence for this RCS-Version (rcsabb_rw3_2.s4c):

"rcsab_base_feature" v2.0, vendor: rcsablmd
"rcsab_base_feature" v1.0, vendor: rcsablmd
"abb_getnextstep" v6.0, vendor: rcsablmd
"abb_getnextstep" v5.0, vendor: rcsablmd
"abb_getnextstep" v1.0, vendor: rcsablmd

But now we got still the licence warning:

--------------------------------------

ir_110090r01[RRS]> Hinweis an (Wz1_aufnehmen) p70: RRS Meldung: mocrrs.c 3314 No license: 'Bad encryption handshake with daemon'

ir_110090r01[RRS]> Hinweis an (Wz1_aufnehmen) p70: RRS Meldung: mocrrs.c 3314 No license: 'Bad encryption handshake with daemon'

ir_110090r01[RRS]> Fehler an (Wz1_aufnehmen) p70: Bewegung gescheitert: Internal software error., Fehler Code: -49

--------------------------------------

I´ve got the hint that we have to move the licence.dat direct to the rcs-folder (….\rrs_bin\rcs_abb\rcsabb_rw3_2.s4c), but this doesn´t work.

Whats the secret to get this rcs to work? Smiley Wink

For ABB RCS 3.2, you need to define environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE

Ex:

LM_LICENSE_FILE=D:/Robcad/rrs_bin/rcsabb_license/license.dat