Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reload time for stud welding gun

Hey everyone,

I´m using PS+PD 10.1.

I´ve tried to simulate a stud welding gun on an ABB robot. In the real cell the delivery hose is ~ 8 meter long, so if two location for welding studs are close together, the robot has to wait on the second location till the new welding stud is delivered to the gun.

If i try to simulate a weld operation with a few welding studs which are close together, the simulation time differs from the real times.

Is it possible to set a "reload time" or something like that in PS or the custom XML?

4 REPLIES

Re: Reload time for stud welding gun

I guess you customized the stud weld locations, so in the simulaiton layer you can indeed add a # WaitTime command.

It´s a litte bit difficult to explain.

After welding with the stud weld gun on location A, the gun needs - for example - three seconds to reload. If the weld location B is only a moving time of one second away, the gun should wait there for another two seconds, until "the new stud is delivered to the gun".

In other words, I´m searching for a timer function for the weld process, which releases the next weld process only after a defined time ( the delivery time of the stud) - is this possible?

Only workaround I can see is to use Line Simulation mode and a Logic Block that will serve as stud load timer.

When you leave location A, the robot should send a signal to the LB. The LB will start counting time. When the robot reaches location B, it will wait for an output from the LB. The LB will turn on this output when the load time as elapsed.

Thanks, I will try that!