cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing existing component within study

Creator
Creator

Hello everyone,

My goal is to simulate a simple task (using signals) in an existing study. This old study is composed of .co files. I have successfully converted the .co file from the existing study into .cojt files, which I can add to the old study and work with.

For instance, in the old study a door was a .co component and I would like to replace it inside the study with the correctly converted .cojt version of the door.

I was hoping the Replace and Connect Device or Replace Object button would allow me to place the new .cojt door into the same position as the old .co door, but as the .co is not a "device", that option is unavailable.

Some of the resources are composed of several elements and I would like to avoid having to assemble this ressource from scratch for the .cojt. If I can not replace the old .co with the .cojt files, could I somehow copy the kinematics from the .co to the .cojt?

Is this possible and if so, what is the simplest/quickest way to go about it?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES

Re: Replacing existing component within study

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi,

If you are working in PS on eMServ (Connected to database) you can change the 3D File in the Properties of your Object.

Therefore, open Navigation Tree -> Select comp and open Properties (ALT+Enter) -> switch to Physical tab and change your .co to cojt.

best regard

Patrick

Creator
Creator

Hello Patrick,

thanks for your quick response. I  am working with PS 13.1 on Standalone, so I am not connected to the eMS. 

Siemens Legend

Hi,

Ok in PS Standalone it´s not possible.

could I somehow copy the kinematics from the .co to the .cojt?

You can copy the jt file from your cojt into the co. Before make the existing jt file invalid e.g."*.jt_" as a backup.

The first found jt file is used.

You can do that, because kinematics is stored in JT file. You still cannot open for modeling but it includes the kinematics from you cojt.

Best regards

Patrick

Siemens Legend

Hi,

Ok in PS Standalone it´s not possible.

If you simple want to bring kinematics to another co or cojt do the following:

You can copy the jt file from your cojt into the co. Before make the existing jt file invalid e.g."*.jt_" as a backup.

The first found jt file is used.

You can do that, because kinematics is stored in JT file. You still cannot open for modeling but it includes the kinematics from you cojt.

Best regards

Patrick