Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Expert Trial Closes

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello,

A user downloaded a Robot Expert license v12.0TR1 but the program closes right away after opening the Tecnomatix Image. Is there any way to check what is wrong?

License expiration date is ok.

Regards,

4 REPLIES

Re: Robot Expert Trial Closes

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

Please verify that your graphics card driver is the latest one available.

Is there any hint in the log file? Log file details can be set via the RobotExpert Doctor Tools menu.

Gil.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

I have come across something similar already. Problem was caused by the bad installation. The question is: Has RE worked before?

If not and the problems are from beginning, try to uninstall RE completely (maybe you will have to clean registry and some shared folders too) and then reinstall RE again. Before the second installation I suggest to switch off the User Account Control.

Dave

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

I recently ran into this at a customer site, turned out to be the processor was an i3.  From the HW requirements:

CPU Minimum - Quad Core Duo

(i5)

Optimal - Quad Core Duo

(i7)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
AFAIK there is no official support for onboard graphics.
But I already came across a machine using Intel HD graphics that caused the same effect/crash.
This was really solved by installing the latest driver from Intel.

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software GmbH & Co. KG; Anschrift: Franz-Geuer-Str. 10, 50823 Köln;
Kommanditgesellschaft: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRA 28227;
Geschäftsführung und persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: Siemens Industry Software Management GmbH;
Geschäftsführer: Urban August, Daniel Trebes; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 70858