Robot Library

N/A
Where can I find the library of robots?
9 REPLIES

Re: Robot Library

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Hi John,
There is a sample cell under the installation folder you can use to evaluate the application.
The RobotExpert DVD includes several robot models to use which can also be downloaded by customers who purchased the software.
Some robot vendors provide their 3D robot models in different formats via their web sites. ABB is one example. if you want to use this solution, download a .co format that can be converted by RobotExpert to RobotExpert format, including the robot kinematics.
Which robot model are you looking for?
Regards,
Gil.

Siemens Genius
John,
If you have access to GTAC, Some ABB and Kuka robot models can be found under: Download Files-->Product Updates:Tecnomatix-->RobotExpert-->Robot Models.
Gil.

N/A
Gil,

I am on the Inside Sales team for Robot Expert and I want to familiarize myself with the product. I'm not looking for any particular model, I just want to be able to work with our prospects when they have questions.

John

Siemens Genius
So I assume that the sample robot cell you provide should be a good start. It has 2 ABB robot models. As a Siemens employee, you can download more from GTAC or take them from the RobotExpert DVD.
Some robot vendors protect their 3D models and sell them, sometimes give it for free to their customers.
If you have old .co 3D models from Robcad or .cojt from other Tecnomatix application, you can convert those to RobotExpert format.
Let me know if you want to establish a direct connection with me to help you push RobotExpert.

Gil.

N/A
Gil,
I only have the 30-day trial download and did not get a dvd. Does the 30-day trial have the sample robot cell (if so, where in the trial do I access the cell?).
I went to the GTAC site to download robots and I need a webkey. How do I set that up?
I would like establish a direct connection with you and appreciate any assistance . I am completely new to this side of things.

John

Experimenter
Experimenter
Gil,

In the GTAC I've just found robots from ABB and Kuka, but according to official leaflets there should be also available support of Motoman, Yaskawa and Fanuc. Where is it possible to get the other vendors robot cojt files?

David

Siemens Genius
Hello Samek,
Each robot vendor has its own sharing policy. Some provide their robot models for free and share it on their web sites, other are more strict. You should ask your robot supplier to provide you a 3D model of the robot you have. verify that you get a .co format with kinematics. All major vendors like you mentioned have these and models.

Once you get a .co model, you can convert it into the .cojt format that is used by RobotExpert - see a movie and use case that shows how to do it in the Getting Started manual.

Regards,
Gil.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks a lot for your help, Gil. But we need a support for the Mitsubishi MELFA RV2-AJ. It seems Mitsubishi robots are not supported yet.

David

Siemens Genius
David,
We do not have this robot in our library. Did you try to contact Mitsubishi?
Regards,
Gil.