Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RobotExpert Double Gripper

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I’m quit new to Robot Expert and currently working on a problem with the trail version.

My problem is that I want to have a gripper at a kuka robot that grips two objects at once.

My Solution is to cut the CAD file in two parts and mount both to the robot, so i should get two TCPF.

This leads to the next problem, i import the cad files from Autodesk Inventor.

While building the kinematics for the gripper cant set the toolframe dependent from my base link, because it does not move. Somehow a TCPF is automatically insertet.

Also I cannot insert a frame depending on an object so i can use it for example as a point where the gripper attaches.

The only documentation i got is the quickstartguide and it kinda lacks some information.

With google you can hardly access any helpfull information regarding robotexpert

Cheers

2 REPLIES

Re: RobotExpert Double Gripper

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Freidesign and welcome to the forums!

There should be no need to separate your grippers, if it's actually a single one.

After defining the simple open/close kinematics, use menu>kinematics>tool definition

Here you can define the flange-frame (base) and the tool-frame (tcp) of your gripper.

Also define your gripping entities. Then use menu>kinematics>set gripped object list

When closing the gripper, RE checks the list for parts nearby the gripping entities and grips them automatically.

To mount the gripper on the robot use menu>kinematics>mount tool.

For your robot program:

There are olp commands: "grip" and "release" that inkove the gripping.

Or use a Pick&Place operation, that also creates these commands.

Btw: documentation you will find using F1.

If you look for a command you can also press CTRL+F1 and type in some keyword.

Re: RobotExpert Double Gripper

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

one more note:

The trial version and the quickstart guide are meant for someone who want's to take a look at our software.

It has nothing to do with software training.

We offer self paced webcast trainings, or personal standard and onsite trainings by our service staff or our partner companies.