Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Running Line simulation with Simulation unit(simba unit)

Hi

I have setup a cell using a simulation unit(9AE4120-2AB00: SIMULATION UNIT PN256) and software SIMULATIONUnit_V8.3 all on process simulation 13.0

I have setup everything and I tested the signal by forcing it true in the simulation unit software and it goes throught to the PLC(SIMATIC S7-1518-F ) all looks good. But now as soon as I add just this signal to the simulation panel and hit the play button in process simulation and force the signal to true it starts flashing on and off with no other logic blocks running.

I have tested this signal with a totally random signal that is not used anywhere on the PLC code but still this issue occurs.

Does anybody have anyidea why this could occur and how to fix it

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Running Line simulation with Simulation unit(simba unit)

Hi RobSimCoder

Well - this sounds like there's a conflict on the Signal's value. I understand there are no LB's triggering this signal (did you run a Cross Reference check on it to make sure no one else is handling it?), but perhaps other parts of your PLC code are still refering to it? Is the signal state flashing also on the PLC side?

Kind regards,
Gal Snir

Hi

If I restart my process simulation machine the problem go away for a while and then comes back at a unknow time. So it cannot be logic causing it

Thanks

Hi,

flashing signals I also experienced some time ago.

In my setup it was caused by the switch that we used.

The expensive, configurable high-end GBit switch caused the problem.

A 10€ switch from the discounter worked without problems.

Also: are you sure Simba-sides (PLC&Simulation) are not configured in the same IP-network?

Hi

Hmm yes thank you I will test this as it sound like a probable cause.

Thanks