Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set UR Robot Values in Process Simulate

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everyone,

probably an easy question that I cant find an answer to though. How/Where can I change the setting on a UR Robot in Process Simulate? I want to match my Simulation the the speed and acceleration of the real robot but cant find the settings. Google failed to help me either. 

Thanks in adavance!

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Set UR Robot Values in Process Simulate

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi.

You need to have the Universal OLP Controller installed.  In the Robot Properties Controller tab, set the Controller to Universal. Then, highlight the robot operation, and on the Robotics tab (top menu), select Teach Pendant.  This will allow you to scroll through the location operations of the robotic operation, and set the robot parameters like speed, joint or linear, etc.

Ray

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks a lot! This at least gave me the oppotrunity to entire values in degree/s and degree/s². The Simulation is way to slow now though. 

I filled in the Robots Settings of 60°/s and 80°/s² and would expect the robot to turn 360 degrees in roguhly 6 Seconds. It would probably take an hour to do so though since the simulated movement is incredibly slow.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Siemens Legend

Hi.

This is usually an issue with units not correct, either in the dialog, or joints speed is defined incorrectly in the robot kinematics.

Ray

Highlighted

Siemens Legend

Please check if the robot motionparameters.e file exists and has the 2 values set as described:

Joint Speed and Acceleration Simulation

• Universal joint speed and acceleration are defined in deg/s and deg/s2.
  • The simulation converts those values into joint speed in percent (only unit supported by Process Simulate MOP)
  • The following motionparameters.e entries are used:

cart_max_rot_speed <speedInRadS2>
        cart_max_rot_acc <accInRadS2>

Example of motionparameters.e file:

cart_max_lin_speed 2000;
         cart_max_lin_acc 2000;
        * 100 deg/s
         cart_max_rot_speed 1.74533;
        * 2500 deg/s2
         cart_max_rot_acc 43.6332313;

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you. That helped a lot. Looks like the motionparameters file was missing in my UR10 Folder. 

Not that I have it in there the robot at least reactions to changes done in deg/s and deg/s². But still the values seem kind of off. If I set it to 60/80 like my physical robot it hardly moves. Only if I set the acceleration to the max of 2500deg/s² the movement gets somewhere close to the real robot....

Any Idea what could be the cause for this? The motionparameters file is just like you posted it: 

*V1 - 12-Oct-2015 original version Alex Greenberg
*V2 - 05-Nov-2015 modified by Bernard Hoessler:
*	Replaced entry for joint_config_family j5 to entry for joint_config_family j4
*   Updated default_turns 	

*V3 - 27-01-2015 modified by Bernard Hoessler:
*	J4 config changed
*	Singularity check J5 added

config_family     cf_over_head_pos                         ;
joint_config_family j3    joint_cf_elbow_up         ;
joint_config_family j4    joint_cf_cos_pos                      ;
default_turns j1 0 0.0, j2 0 0.0, j3 0 0.0, j4 0 0.0, j5 0 0.0, j6 0 0.0;

single_joint_prof single_prof;

singularity_type                joint_range;
singularity_joint j5 0.0 5.0;
check_singularity singularity_check_and_stop;

zone_define fine no_smooth;
zone_define z1 dist cartesian 1;
zone_define z2 dist cartesian 2;
zone_define z10 dist cartesian 10;
zone_define z20 dist cartesian 20;
zone_define z50 dist cartesian 50;
zone_define z100 dist cartesian 100;
zone_define z200 dist cartesian 200;
zone_define z500 dist cartesian 500;
zone_define z1000 dist cartesian 1000;

cart_max_lin_speed 2000;
cart_max_lin_acc 2000;
* 100 deg/s
cart_max_rot_speed 1.74533; 
* 2500 deg/s2
cart_max_rot_acc 43.6332313;

In the kinematics Model all the max values (Speed and Acceleration) where set to "90.000". I assuem thats mm/s. I changed everything to "1000" to see if anything would change which it did not...

Siemens Legend
Please note the values shown are examples, you must use the actual values supplied by the robot manufacturer in the motionparameter.e file.

I will try to set up a sample study and see if I can replicate your scenario.

Siemens Legend

Hi.

I am wondering about the source of the robot model you are using, if it had no motionparameters.e file included.  The UR10.cojt downloaded from the GTAC site does have this file, and works well in simulation. Also, all joint definitions in the kinematic model were +/- 360 degrees range, and 90 deg/sec max speed.

UR10.JPG

Note that the value you can enter for acceleration appears to be in tenths of the value defined in the motionparameters.e file. So, 2500 translates to a max value of 25000 in the interface.

Please download the model from GTAC, and try the simulation again.

Ray

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey, thanks so much for the support!

The motionparameters file was included, I just did not copy it. My Source was a local share of our department. When I copied it from there I assumed that the motion parameters file was not needed.

Also, all joint definitions in the kinematic model 
were +/- 360 degrees range, and 90 deg/sec max speed.

Same for me, it appears that changes here dont do anything to the simulated speed though. I did reset them to thoise values though.

Note that the value you can enter for acceleration appears to be in 
tenths of the value defined in the motionparameters.e file. So,
2500 translates to a max value of 25000 in the interface.

As it seems to me the Value in the motionparameters file just sets the maximum possible value, correct? 
If those really are 1/10 of the entered value I would have to set the simulation to a Acceleration of 800 if the real robot ist set to 80. That seems to be the legit speed on first glance. 
Does that apply for the speed also, or just for the acceleration? My speed is set to 60 in PS, just like the real robot and it seems to be fine. That might be because that speed is never reached though.

Edit:

I just tested it, speed and acceleration is still off. The real UR is set to 60deg/s and 80deg/s². The Process takes 10.89 seconds according to my data. 

In Process Sim with the setting of 60/600deg/s and 800deg/s² it takes 18.66 seconds though. Increasing the speed does not speed the process up also. 

I still have no clue whats going on though. I wonder though why the simulated robot takes that long to accelerate. The real robot seems to move and reach its maximum speed right away, while the simulated robot accelerates until its at 50% of the movement, then it starts to decelerate.
dfgsdgfsdgf.PNG

Siemens Legend

Hi.

That description tells me the acceleration ramp is so long, it never gets to the speed you set. Try setting acceleration in the program on each location, to a high value, say 15000.  What does it do then?

Ray