cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set modeling in process simulate on teamcenter

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi community,

I am facing problem with set modeling and lock symbols in part tree under object tree in process simulate.i have the product tree(ebom) as shown in fig,then I created process tree and plant tree and then added the products as Meconsumed in process structure and some resources added as Meresource in plant structure.so now I want to do little bit modification of a part by using set modeling.but I am unable to do that.
And another thing is that when I am going to define Mfg continuous operation at that time we have to define part so at that time I am.unable to select the parts which are under object tree under part tree.

So please help me. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES

Re: Set modeling in process simulate on teamcenter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

It´s not possible to open parts for modeling in PSonTC. The locked status is correct.

You need to modify your part e.g. in NX also connected to TC.

Do your parts have 3D representation (based on JT dataset)?

I think you cannot select it as part in the dialog because of missing 3D representation.

Best regards

Patrick

Re: Set modeling in process simulate on teamcenter

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

I do slightly disagree at this point. May be it has been changed meanhwile but in the past (at least til version 12) is was possbile to set part to modelling scope and modify geometry or kinematics. Doing this the changes could not be stored (end modelling) to the part directly but user was able to create an additional Direct Model dataset on selected operation.

I assume this should cover the use case when you have to do changes on the part from simulation perspective.

Not to mention that this is ending up in an issue with visualization in TC MPP Viewer when displaying the operation that has the part consumed -> you'll see both the original one and the modified one that is attached to the operation itself.

Regards

Stephan